The HackerRank - Eightfold integration enables Eightfold users to directly invite their candidates to HackerRank Tests and interviews at the appropriate stages of the job interview process. After candidates attempt a HackerRank Test or Interview, their scores and performance data are added to their respective profiles in Eightfold.
This article provides you with detailed integration steps.
|HackerRank for Work||Eightfold|
Configuring Eightfold Integration with HackerRank
When configuring the Eightfold integration with HackerRank for the first time, the administrator generates an API key that the admin must keep a record of.
Generating an API Key from HackerRank
- Log in to HackerRank for Work with the Company Admin user account.
- On the home page, click the drop-down next to the user icon on the top right corner of the page.
- Click Settings.
- Go to Integration and click Configure on the Eightfold option.
- On the integration setup page, click Generate API Token. A unique API Key is displayed.
Copy this key. You need to add this key to the Eightfold account to establish the integration.
Note: Ensure that the API key is stored safely. Once the popup is closed, you cannot retrieve the key again.
- Log in to the Eightfold, and click Admin Console in the More menu.
- Goto Apps and select AppMarketplace.
- The AppMarket place page is displayed. Click Go To App Marketplace.
- The page is redirected to the Eightfold app interface, where you can select the HackerRank app.
Note: You will see two separate apps; one for HackerRank Tests named "HackerRank" and one for HackerRank Interview named "HackerRank Interview". You need to install both separately but you can use the same API key (generated from HackerRank earlier) for both.For now, we will install the HackerRank Tests app.
- Select HackerRank. The install page for HackerRank is displayed.
- Click Install. The Configure Settings to Install App window is displayed.
- Enter the Authentication Key that you generated from the HackerRank platform. Also, provide the other required details. Ensure that you provide the Stage for the app; for example, Recruiter Screen.
- Click Save Settings & Install. The HackerRank app is installed. Similarly, you can install the other required HackerRank apps, such as HackerRank Interview.
- Go back to the Eightfold console and click Apps > Install App. The Install App page is displayed.
- Click the HackerRank app. The Configure Settings to Install App window is displayed.
- Enter the required information and click Save Settings & Install.
Note: You must perform the same procedure for the HackerRank Interview app.