HackerRank Tests integrate with Eightfold to trigger invites to candidates directly from the Eightfold Recruiting portal. Recruiters managing candidate profiles in Eightfold can use this integration to seamlessly carry out skill assessments of candidates for different job requisitions. Candidates receive the HackerRank Test and Interview invites and take up the challenges. Once done, the candidate's score and performance data is automatically available in Eightfold for further evaluation.
This article describes the steps to trigger HackerRank Test and interview invites to candidates from Eightfold.
The workflow to assess candidates with the HackerRank - Eightfold integration is as follows:
- Create Tests in the HackerRank platform with the required roles for Eightfold.
- Select the appropriate candidate in the Eightfold platform and send the HackerRank Test to the candidate. You must move the candidate to the respective stage defined by your organization to trigger an assessment.
- View the results within Eightfold after the candidate attempts their Test.
- Schedule an Interview from the Eightfold platform by moving the candidate to the respective interview stage requiring a remote technical interview via HackerRank.
- View the performance of the candidate as a report on Eightfold.
Sending HackerRank Test Invites from Eightfold
- In the Eightfold platform, click Positions to view all the positions available.
- Select the required position for which you want to send the Test to a candidate.
- Click the Leads tab.
- Select the appropriate candidate whom you want to assess.
- You can view the candidate details in the right pane.
- From the Advance Stage drop-down, select the appropriate stage to send the assessment to a candidate. For example, to send the assessments to candidates, select the Recruiter Screen.
- The Confirm ATS Action is displayed which allows you to select an assessment.
- After you select the Test, click Confirm. The selected Test is sent to the candidate.
- An email invite is sent to the candidate's account. The email invite template is pulled from the default template set on HackerRank by the recruiter. For more information about the invite templates, see Email Templates.
The candidate must click Start Test to start the test. The candidate is then redirected to the HackerRank platform login.
After a candidate completes the test, the Test status is updated on HackerRank.
The Recruiter can view the reports of the candidate's assessments on HackerRank.
Viewing the Candidate Test Report on Eightfold
- Once the candidate takes this assessment, the results are displayed on the candidate's profile in the Eightfold platform.
- Click View Report to view the candidate's reports. The report is displayed on the HackerRank platform.
Scheduling HackerRank Interviews from Eightfold
After you pass a candidate based on the assessment, you can promote the candidate to the Interview stage to conduct or schedule online coding interviews. You can schedule the interview from the Eightfold platform and leverage the HackerRank Interviews to assess a candidate based on their skills. The HackerRank Interview is an efficient tool for recruiters and technical managers to conduct interactive coding interviews with candidates located remotely.
This results in a seamless recruiting experience for the hiring managers and recruiters, and the results are directly displayed on the Eightfold platform.
Scheduling an HackerRank Interview from Eightfold
To schedule an interview from Eightfold, perform the following:
- Select the candidate that you want to schedule an interview with and move the candidate to the appropriate stage, such as an Onsite Interview.
- The Confirm ATS Action window is displayed.
- Click Confirm. The candidate is advanced or promoted to the Onsite Interview stage.
- To schedule the interview, click the Schedule drop-down and select Schedule A Meeting.
- The Schedule a Meeting window is displayed.
- Select the appropriate interview Template.
- Provide the appropriate details to schedule the interview such as the interviewer name and email ID, the mode of video conferencing, and so on.
- Select HackerRank Interview from the Live Coding drop-down list.
- Click Next - Scheduling Options.
- Select the time and date of the interview.
- Click Next - Communication. The Scheduling Communications tab displays details about the template that will be sent to the candidate as a mail.
- The interview schedule is also displayed.
- After you review all the details, click Send Invite to send the interview invitation to the candidate.
- The scheduled interview is displayed on the candidate's profile.
- Interview links are sent to both the interviewer and candidate email.
- As an interviewer, access the interview link and log in to the session with your HackerRank for Work account. For more information on conducting coding interviews, refer to Conducting a HackerRank Interview.
Viewing the Candidate HackerRank Interview Report on Eightfold
- After you complete the HackerRank interview with the candidate, the results are displayed as a report on the candidate's profile in Eightfold.
- Click the View Report link to view the candidate's detailed report on HackerRank.