Recruiters can invite candidates to take a test after a test has been created.
Note: You can invite a candidate only if you own a recruiter license. Hiring Managers need to ask their recruiters to send invitations to the candidates.
- You must be logged in to your HackerRank for Work account.
- You must have created the test.
First, we will describe how you can use the editor to invite a candidate.
1. The invite icon is present on the extreme right of every test as shown below. You need to click on this in order to invite candidates to that particular test.
2. On clicking the invite button, you will be taken to the following page.
You can perform a few optional actions in this step.
a. Edit the email subject. By default, this contains the name of the test.
b. Enter a custom message in the email body.
c. Save the email body as a new template and/or refer to existing templates by clicking the templates button.
You have the ability to add a custom message and create a new template. Once you create a template, it can be saved and re-used in the future; you can even set it as the default template.
3. Next, you can add the email addresses of candidates:
You can enter email addresses of multiple candidates in the following two formats:
|Examples of acceptable format|
|With only email firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org|
|With names and email addresses||Evan Brown <email@example.com>, Ethan <firstname.lastname@example.org>, Nancy Smith <email@example.com>|
4. The text in your email can be formatted with various formatting options. Bulleted or numbered text can also be included.
5. You can also add placeholder text for candidate and recruiter names by clicking the plus sign, as shown below. Placeholder text for candidate's name or recruiter's name will be added if the said name is present in the 'to' address or the CSV file being used to bulk upload email addresses.
6. Links can be included in the email by clicking on the following icon:
7. Configuring settings for an invite:
You can configure the time duration taken for the test invite to expire by clicking on the option for ‘Expiry’ as shown below. You can set it to ‘Never’, '1 Day’, or ‘2 Days’ etc. based on when you want the email invite to expire. Once the invite expires, candidates will no longer be able to take the test.
8. Finally, you can click on send to send the invite.
Performing bulk upload of candidates:
You can alternatively click on the following icon to upload a CSV (comma separated value) file with email addresses into the test invite email.
This will open the following window:
You can click on download to see the sample format of the CSV file.
Click Upload CSV. In the displayed dialog box, click Upload a CSV File to upload a file containing the email addresses and names of all the candidates you want to invite to the test.
Note: Only files in CSV formats are acceptable. If you have created a file with email addresses (and names) in other formats, you must save that file as CSV and then upload it to our platform.
Clicking on send as shown above after bulk upload of candidates, sends the invite to all candidates as listed in your CSV file.
Note: When inviting multiple candidates, a candidate will not be able to see the other candidates being invited to take the test. Although you are inviting multiple candidates, every candidate will receive an individual invite and other candidates will not be cc'd on the emails.
There are often cases where candidates are unable to complete a test due to a power outage or loss of connectivity. In such a case, if you would like candidates to retake the said test, you can send them an invite again without deleting the previous reports of invites and attempts. All attempts of candidates will be stored and you can view the report for each test from a detailed report.
Once the test is completed, you can view the detailed report for an attempt as shown below.
To reinvite a candidate to a test, you can visit the 'candidates' page, and select the candidate that you want to reinvite and click on the reinvite button. On clicking the reinvite button, you will be redirected once again to the main invite page, where you can enter the email id(s) to reinvite said candidate(s).
Note: The candidate must have completed the test, in order for them to be eligible for a reinvite. A reinvite can't be sent if a test attempt is still in progress. The same is demonstrated below.