As a hiring manager, you can create Subjective Questions that test the most relevant skills of the candidate for your job opening. You can ask open-ended questions and provide a prompt to the candidates.
- Elaborate on the most difficult project you have completed. What were the challenges and how did you overcome them?
The test setters manually evaluate these answers to subjective questions. This article will walk you through the steps to creating a Subjective Question.
Steps to Create a Subjective Question
- Click on the Library tab on the home page, and then click on the Create Question button.
- In the Select Question Type dialog box, click on the Subjective question type.
- On the Problem Statement page, specify the following:
- Question Name: The problem name should be short and topical. It should not give any hints to solve the problem.
- Problem Description: While describing the problem statement, ensure the question is clear and detailed. You can also use tables, graphs, or attachments to enhance clarity.
- Under the Question properties, you can set the score you want for the question.
- While you can assign any score you want for the questions you create, we use certain standards for assigning scores to the questions you create that you find useful.
For an easy question that can be solved in 15 minutes
For a medium question that can be solved in 30 minutes
For a difficult question that can be solved in 45 to 60 minutes
- Assign the recommended time to answer the question.
- Associate it with the relevant tags. Tags are words or phrases that help with the searchability and organization of your questions. You can add the existing tags or create new tags. Set the difficulty level for your Question by associating the tags as Easy, Medium, or Hard. Alternatively, associate custom tags with identifying your question by complexity or level.
- You can select the Skills you want to assess using this question.
Interviewer Guidelines are for later reference. You can include a rubric about scoring the questions or write solutions to the problems in this section. These can be used by your team while evaluating the test. This step is optional.
Note: Interviewer Guidelines are only visible to your team and you.
- Once you are done with the question creation process, you can preview the candidate experience by clicking on See Candidate Preview.
- The candidate preview will be visible on the right pane of your screen.
Saving the Question
- When you are done with creating the question, you can save it by choosing the preferred option at the top.