You can create Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs) that help screen the candidates quickly and effortlessly. The Multiple Choice Questions can have one correct answer or multiple correct answers.
You can assign a total score to the MCQ question at its creation. If there is more than one correct answer for a question, each correct answer is assigned an equal fraction of the total score. This article will walk you through creating a Multiple Choice Question.
Note: If a candidate selects more answer options than the number of correct answer options, then no point for that question is assigned to the candidate.
|A multiple-choice question is assigned 5 points. There are two correct options. Therefore, each option is for 2.5 points. If a candidate selects only one correct option, then the candidate gets only 2.5 points. However, if a candidate selects more than two options, then the candidate receives zero points.|
Refer to the MCQ settings topic for more information. You can customize the score for each question while creating a question. You can also change the score for the complete test with multiple-choice questions from the MCQ settings located in advanced settings. The MCQ settings also allow you to assign a negative score for incorrect answers.
Steps to Create a Multiple-Choice Question
Choosing Question Type
- Click on the Library tab on the home page and click on the Create Question button.
- In the Select Question Type dialog box, click on the Multiple Choice.
- Upon selecting the question type, you will be redirected to the question creation page.
- On this page, you can give the essential details such as:
- Question Name: The question name should be short and topical. It should not give any hints to solve the problem.
- Problem Description: The problem statement must be clear and detailed. You can also use tables, graphs, or attachments to enhance clarity.
- Choose if the question has a Single Correct Answer or Multiple Correct Answers, and create the answer options.
- There will be four choices for a question by default. Click on Add another choice if you want to add more options.
- You can also use the Format Text option to edit your text.
- Under the Question properties, you can set the score you want for the question.
- While you can assign any score you want for the questions you create, we use certain standards for assigning scores to the questions you create that you find useful.
For an easy question that can be solved in 15 minutes
For a medium question that can be solved in 30 minutes
For a difficult question that can be solved in 45 to 60 minutes
- Assign the recommended time to answer the question.
- Associate it with the relevant tags. Tags are words or phrases that help with the searchability and organization of your questions. You can add the existing tags or create new tags. Set the difficulty level for your Question by associating the tags as Easy, Medium, or Hard. Alternatively, associate custom tags with identifying your question by complexity or level.
- Select the Skills you want to assess using this question.
Interviewer Guidelines are for later reference. You can include a rubric about scoring the questions or write solutions to the problems in this section. These can be used by your team while evaluating the test. This step is optional.
Note: Interviewer Guidelines are only visible to your team and you.
You can also use the Bulk-Upload option to upload a large number of MCQ questions at once using a CSV file.
- Click on the Bulk Upload option highlighted in the below image.
- From the dialogue box, click Browse Files and upload the CSV file containing your MCQ questions. You can download the Sample CSV File to understand the format to create a CSV file.
You can also refer to How to Bulk Upload Multiple Choice Questions
- Once you are done with the question creation process, you can preview the candidate experience by clicking on See Candidate Preview.
- The candidate preview will be visible on the right pane of your screen.
Saving the Question
- When you are done with creating the question you can save it by choosing the preferred option at the top.