Diagram questions aim to assess a candidate's skills in creating class diagrams, architecture diagrams, workflow diagrams, and circuit diagrams. The candidates can create simple or complex diagrams as required, and the examiners can view them to evaluate.
Diagram questions in HackerRank Tests use the draw.io diagramming tool's integrated abilities to support the designing of diagrams. Candidates can use the easy-to-use draw.io tool's capabilities to create various diagrams such as UML and Entity Relationships quickly. This article will walk you through the steps to creating a Diagram Question.
Refer to the following topics to understand how your candidates use the draw.io diagramming tool in HackerRank tests to design flowcharts and diagrams.
Steps to Create Diagram Question
- Click on the Library tab on the home page and click on the Create Question button.
- Click on the Diagram question type in the Select Question Type dialog box.
- There are two steps in creating a Diagram Question.
Step1: Question Details
- Question Name: The problem name should be short and topical. It should not give any hints to solve the problem.
- Problem Description: While describing the problem statement, please ensure the question is clear and detailed. You can also use tables, graphs, or attachments to enhance clarity.
- Under the Question properties, you can set the score you want for the question.
- You can specify the total score you want to allot to a particular question here. If the question has more than one correct answer, each correct answer will get an equal fraction of the total score. This is a mandatory field.
For an easy question that can be solved in 15 minutes
For a medium question that can be solved in 30 minutes
For a difficult question that can be solved in 45 to 60 minutes
- Assign the Recommended Time to answer the question.
- Associate it with the relevant tags. Tags are words or phrases that help with the searchability and organization of your questions. You can add the existing tags or create new tags. Set the difficulty level for your Question by associating the tags as Easy, Medium, or Hard. Alternatively, associate custom tags with identifying your question by complexity or level.
- Select the Skills you want to assess using this question.
Interviewer Guidelines are for later reference. You can include a rubric about scoring the questions or write solutions to the problems in this section. These can be used by your team while evaluating the test. This step is optional.
Note: Interviewer Guidelines are only visible to your team and you.
- Click Next for the next step.
Step 2: Diagram Settings
- You can select the pallet you want for question creation in the Diagram Settings tab.
- Click Save Question to save the question in the library.
- Once you are done with the question creation process, you can preview the candidate experience by clicking on See Candidate Preview.
- The candidate preview will be visible on the right pane of your screen.