Diagram questions aim to assess skills of a candidate in creating class diagrams, architecture diagrams, workflow diagrams, and circuit diagrams. The candidates can create simple or complex diagrams as required and the examiners can view them to evaluate.
- You must be logged in to your HackerRank for Work account.
- Click Library tab on the home page and then click +New Question.
- In the Select a question type dialog box, click Diagram.
- In the Problem Statement page, specify:
- Problem Name.
The problem name should be short and topical. It should not give any hints to solve the problem.
- While you can assign any score you want for the questions you create, we use certain standards for assigning scores to the questions we create that you might find useful.
For an easy question that can be solved in 15 minutes
For a medium question that can be solved in 30 minutes
For a difficult question that can be solved in 45 to 60 minutes
Tags are words or phrases that help with searchability and organization of your questions. You can add the existing tags or create new tags. When you later generate candidate reports, these tags help in generating performance graphs based on these tags.
- Problem Description
While describing the problem statement, ensure that the question is clear and detailed. You can also use tables, graphs, or attachments to enhance the clarity.
- Internal notes
Internal notes are for later reference. You can include a rubric about scoring the questions or write solutions to the problems in this section. These can be used by your team while evaluating the test. This step in optional.
Note: Internal notes are only visible to your team and you.
- Click Save & Proceed to save the changes and proceed.
- In the left navigation pane of the displayed page, select the widget check boxes.
These selected widgets are made available to candidates for answering the diagram question. By default, Unified Modeling Language (UML) is selected.
- Click Save Question to save and exit.
Alternatively, click Save & Add another to save and add another question.