The file upload question gives you the flexibility to give any simple or complex problem to the candidates. The problem statement might ask the candidates to provide a sample business plan or ask them to send you a .zip file of their coding side project. As the answer, the candidates report a link to an uploaded file which you can download and review. This article will walk you through creating a file upload question.
Steps to Create a File Upload Question
- Click on the Library tab on the home page and click on the Create Question button.
- Click on the File Upload question type in the Select Question Type dialog box.
- On the Problem Statement page, specify the following:
- Question Name: The problem name should be short and topical. It should not give any hints to solve the problem.
- Problem Description: While describing the problem statement, ensure the question is clear and detailed. You can also use tables, graphs, or attachments to enhance clarity. Complete String
- Under the Question properties, you can set the score you want for the question.
- You can specify the total score you want to allot to a particular question here. If the question has more than one correct answer, each correct answer will get an equal fraction of the total score. This is a mandatory field.
For an easy question that can be solved in 15 minutes
For a medium question that can be solved in 30 minutes
For a difficult question that can be solved in 45 to 60 minutes
- Assign the Recommended Time to answer the question.
- Associate it with the relevant tags. Tags are words or phrases that help with the searchability and organization of your questions. You can add the existing tags or create new tags. Set the difficulty level for your Question by associating the tags as Easy, Medium, or Hard. Alternatively, associate custom tags with identifying your question by complexity or level.
- Select the Skills you want to assess using this question.
Interviewer Guidelines are for later reference. You can include a rubric about scoring the questions or write solutions to the problems in this section. These can be used by your team while evaluating the test. This step is optional.
Note: Interviewer Guidelines are only visible to your team and you.
- Once you are done with the question creation process, you can preview the candidate experience by clicking on See Candidate Preview.
- The candidate preview will be visible on the right pane of your screen.
Saving the Question
- When you are done with creating the question, you can save it by choosing the preferred option at the top.