As a recruiter, you can schedule a CodePair interview between a candidate and interviewers. HackerRank sends out email notifications to candidates as well as interviewers specifying the details of the interview. Our email notifications include a link to start the CodePair session.
- You must be logged in to your HackerRank for Work account.
- Click the CodePair tab on the home page and then click +New Interview.
- In the displayed dialog box:
- Specify the Candidate's email address.
- Specify the Interview title. (Optional field)
- Tick / untick the checkbox Show Candidate Timeline to Interviewer (This will enable interviewers to access the candidate's report from previous interviews.)
By default, this checkbox is selected and the interviewer can view all the candidate activities and reports on HackerRank for Work platform.
- Click Get Interview Link.
In the "Share link with candidate to join this interview" dialog box, perform one of the following operations:
- Share the invite link with the candidate and interviewer manually.
- Use HackerRank's built-in UI to send an invite to candidates and interviewers along with the invitation link.
If you want to share the link with the participants on your own, then click the copy icon to copy the link and share it with the participants.
You can share this link with the participants via email or text.
If you want to use HackerRank's built-in UI to invite candidates and interviewers, click Invite Participants, and then specify the following in the displayed page:
Candidate's Information: This field includes the personal information of the candidate like Name, Email Address, and Phone Number.
Role: Specify the role for which the candidate is to be interviewed. Based on the Role selected from the dropdown, the candidate scorecard inside the CodePair Interview will display the relevant skills mapped to that role. The interviewer will be able to rate the candidate against those skills.
If you schedule the CodePair interview for a candidate who has already taken CodeScreen, then the Role field will be auto-populated with the role for which the candidate attempted for the CodeScreen.
Candidate Timeline: Enable or disable this option as required. The Option is enabled by default.
If the Candidate timeline is enabled then the interviewer will be able to see the Candidate Scorecard inside the CodePair Interview session.
Interviewers: Select the interviewer/interviewers who will be interviewing the candidate. Once the CodePair interview is scheduled, the Interviewer will receive the interview invitation.
Schedule: Specify the date, time, duration, and timezone of the interview.
Notes: Use this field to add any useful information for the interviewers. The notes will only be visible to your team members.
Resume: This is an optional field where you can upload the candidate's resume while scheduling the interview.
5. Click Save to schedule an interview.