You can create a custom test for the candidates by adding questions from the HackerRank library or your personal library. You can also create new questions, if required.
Note: You can only add questions from your personal library, if either you or your team has created questions.
- You must be logged in to your HackerRank for Work account.
- Click the Tests tab on the home page and then click +New Test.
- In the displayed dialog box, specify the Test Name and Duration of the test in minutes and then click Create Test.
- On the Questions page, select the role for which you are conducting the test from the drop down menu and then click Save.
This step is optional.
If you select "Other" as a role, then enter the role in the displayed field and click Save.
Specifying the role helps in organizing the tests better. This role is displayed along with the test name on the Tests home page.
- Click Add from library to add questions from the library.
Step Result: The list of all questions in HackerRank library is displayed.
- In the left navigation pane, select the required library from which you want to add questions.
- Optionally, you can perform the following steps to view the list of the most relevant questions:
- If you want to select questions from your personal library, click My Questions in the left navigation pane.
- If you want to select questions from the questions created by your team, click Shared With Me in the left navigation pane.
- Select the question type from the drop down menu to narrow the results.
- Apply the filter tags based on your question type to find relevant questions.
- Use the search window to search for the relevant questions.
Note: You can add multiple questions to the test.Click the question title to view the complete question.
Click the graph icon to view the insights and statistical data on the usage of a specific question. The insights give useful information such as the number of times question has been attempted, median attempt time for the question, and median attempt time for the full score.
Step Result: The displayed page shows the list of questions you have added to the test.
Note: You do not need to save this test. All the questions that you added to this test are auto-saved.
You can review, try, edit, and remove questions from the test by clicking the appropriate icon. You can only edit questions in your personal library.
If you do not find any relevant questions in the library, HackerRank for Work gives you the flexibility to add your own questions. Click Create new question and select the question type to create your own questions for the test.