This setting allows you to customize score for the multiple choice questions. You can set a score for both correct and wrong answers. Negative marking for wrong answers ensures that candidates do not indulge in guessing the answers.
Example: Suppose you assign a score -1 for each wrong answer. Each time a candidate selects a wrong answer, the score is deducted by 1 point.
- You must be logged in to your HackerRank for Work account.
- You must have created a test with multiple choice questions.
- Click the Tests tab on the home page and then click the required test.
- Click Advanced Settings in the left navigation pane.
- Click Score Settings on the displayed page to expand the section.
- In the MCQ Settings area, enter the score for a correct answer and a wrong answer.
By default, each multiple choice question is assigned a score of 5 and there is no negative marking for the wrong answer.
Note: You must assign a negative value for a wrong answer.
- Click Change Score to save the changes.