HackerRank for Work allows you to modify the score settings of your test. The score settings in a HackerRank test allow you to set a cutoff score for your overall assessment and add scores to MCQ questions used in your test.
Modifying Score Settings for Tests
- You must have created a test with multiple-choice questions.
You can set a cutoff score for your test in the Cutoff Score section in the Score settings. If you have set a cutoff score, anyone who meets or scores above the cutoff score is automatically marked as qualified, and anyone who scores below is marked as failed. The cutoff score, once set, will only affect newer candidates and will not modify the status of the existing candidates who have already taken the test.
Example: If you have set a cutoff score of 75 for a test, anyone who scores 75 and above on the test is marked as qualified, and any candidate who scores less than 75 is marked as failed in that particular test.
- Navigate to the Test tab inside your HackerRank for Work account and open the required test.
- Click on the Settings tab, and then click on the Score option.
In the Score settings Cutoff Score area, enter the cutoff score for the test.
Note: Only integers are accepted. You cannot enter any number with a fractional value.
This setting allows you to customize the scores of Multiple-Choice Questions. You can set a score for both correct and wrong answers. Negative marking for wrong answers ensures that candidates do not indulge in guessing the answers.
Example: Suppose you assign a score of -1 for each wrong answer. Each time a candidate selects a wrong answer, the score is deducted by 1 point.
- In the MCQ Settings section, you can specify the scores for correct and incorrect answers for all multiple-choice questions in that particular test.
- Assign a negative value for the wrong answers in the Incorrect Answer Score field if you want to mark candidates for incorrect answers.
- Click on the Save Changes button.
Note: The MCQ settings of a test override the scores set at the question level for each of the multiple-choice questions included in the test.
If this score doesn't override the question level score in your account and you wish to override it, you may send your request to email@example.com, and our team will process it.