HackerRank for Work allows you to modify the score settings of your test. The score settings in a HackerRank test lets you set a cutoff score for your overall assessment as well as it also allows you to add scores to MCQ questions used in your test.
You can set a cutoff score for your test in the Cutoff Score section under score settings. If you have set a cutoff score, anyone who meets or scores above the cutoff score is automatically marked as qualified and anyone who scores below is marked as failed. The cutoff score once set, will only affect newer candidates and will not modify the status of the existing candidates who have already taken the test.
Example: If you have set a cutoff score of 75 for a test, anyone who scores 75 and above in the test is marked as qualified and any candidate who scores less than 75 is marked as failed in that particular test.
- You must be logged in to your HackerRank for Work account.
- You must have created a test with multiple-choice questions.
- Navigate to the Test tab inside your HackerRank for Work account and open the required test.
- Go to the Settings tab.
- Click on Score from the left-hand panel.
- In the Score settings Cutoff Score area, enter the cutoff score for the test.
- Save the changes.
Note: Only integers are accepted. You cannot enter any number with a fractional value.
This setting allows you to customize the scores of Multiple Choice Questions. You can set a score for both correct and wrong answers. Negative marking for wrong answers ensures that candidates do not indulge in guessing the answers.
Example: Suppose you assign a score of -1 for each wrong answer. Each time a candidate selects a wrong answer, the score is deducted by 1 point.
- In the MCQ Settings section, you can specify the scores for both correct and incorrect answers for all multiple-choice questions that are present in that particular test.
- Assign a negative value for the wrong answers in the Incorrect Answer Score field if you want to mark candidates for incorrect answers.
- Save the changes
Note: The score set in the MCQ settings of a test overrides the score set at question level to each of the MCQ questions that are included in the test.
If this score doesn't override the question level score in your account and you wish it to override, you may send your request to email@example.com and our team will process your request.