You can use test sections setting to divide your test into different sections. You must have a minimum of two questions in your test to enable this setting.
Note: When you are creating a test that you want to section, you must add questions to the test sequentially. This is because sectioning is done in a sequential order.
- You must be logged in to your HackerRank for Work account.
- You must have created a test with a minimum of two questions.
- Click the Tests tab on the home page and then click the required test.
- Click Advanced Settings in the left navigation pane.
- Click Test Sections on the displayed page to expand the section.
- In the Test Sections area, click the displayed button to turn on the ability to section the test.
By default, this option is disabled.
- Specify the number of sections you want to create in a test.
Step Result: The questions are sequentially divided into sections.
- In the Sections Behavior section, perform the following operations:
- Click the displayed button to enable or disable the candidate to visit the earlier section.
By default, this option is enabled and candidates can move across the sections without any restriction. However, if you disable this option, then candidates cannot return to a previous section.
- Click the displayed button to enable or disable option to use entire time across sections.
By default, this option is enabled and the time left in one section rolls over to the next. However, you can disable this option and put a time limit for each section.
This step is optional.
- In the Sections area, modify the details as required.
- Optional: Modify the name of the section.
- Specify number of questions in the section.
Note:The questions are added in sections in the same sequential order as they appear in the test. If you have to modify the order of questions, click Questions in the left navigation pane. In the page that appears, drag and drop questions as required to achieve the required sequence.
- Specify the duration of the section in minutes, if each section is time restricted.
Perform step 7 to specify data for all the sections.
- Click Save.