Duplicating (cloning) a test allows you to create a test with the same questions and settings as the original test. This is useful when you want to create a test with the same settings as the original test. You can choose to add or delete questions to this duplicated test. When trying to duplicate the test, if the test did not have job role and experience defined, you'd have to add those first before you can clone the test
The naming convention for the duplicated test is
Name of the original test (Duplicate)
Note: The questions on the test are not duplicated. There is only one master or original copy of each question that exists. If you edit a question, the original question gets updated and so are all the tests that contain the particular question.
- You must be logged in to your HackerRank for Work account.
- You must have created a test.
- Click the Tests tab on the home page and then click the required test.
- Once the test opens, on the right extreme of the test name, you will see a three-dot menu (denoted by three vertical ellipses). Click on it to open a drop-down menu and select ‘duplicate’.
- Immediately after clicking duplicate, a dialog box opens where you have to confirm duplication.
Note: The questions will not be duplicated.
4. Once you click on duplicate, you can click on the displayed button to view duplicated test and customize it accordingly. 5. You can even view duplicated test on the home page with all tests as shown below.