Cloning a Test allows you to create a test with the same questions and settings as the original one. Any changes made to the original test after the cloning will not reflect in the cloned test and vice versa.
After cloning a test, you can choose to add or remove questions to or from this cloned test as per your requirement or make changes to the test settings.
When trying to clone the test, if the test does not have job role and experience defined, you'll have to add those first before you can clone the test.
The naming convention for the cloned test is - <Name of the original test> (duplicate)
Note: Cloning a test does not create a clone of the questions present in that test. There is only one master copy of each question used in your test. When you edit any question, the master copy of that question gets updated. Thus, all tests (including the cloned one) that contain that question, will reflect the updated version of the question.
Steps to Clone a Test
- You must be logged in to your HackerRank for Work account.
- You must have created a test.
- Click on the Tests tab on the home page and then click on the required test.
- Once the test opens, on the right extreme of the test name, you will see a three-dot menu (denoted by three vertical ellipses). Click on it to open a drop-down menu and select the clone option.
- Click on the Clone button in the dialogue box that opens to confirm the cloning of the selected test.
- Once the cloned test is created, you can click on the displayed button to go to the cloned test and customize it as you need by adding/removing questions, inviting candidates, and so on.
- You can view the cloned test on the Tests page as shown below.