Cloning a test allows you to create a test with the same questions and settings as the original test. You can choose to add or delete questions to this cloned test. When trying to clone the test, if the test does not have job role and experience defined, you'd have to add those first before you can clone the test.
The naming convention for the cloned test is
Name of the original test (duplicate)
Note: The questions on the test are not cloned. There is only one master or original copy of each question that exists. If you edit a question, the original question gets updated and so are all the tests that contain the particular question.
- You must be logged in to your HackerRank for Work account.
- You must have created a test.
- Click the Tests tab on the home page and then click the required test.
- Once the test opens, on the right extreme of the test name, you will see a three-dot menu (denoted by three vertical ellipses). Click on it to open a drop-down menu and select ‘clone’.
- Upon clicking 'clone', a dialog box opens where you have to confirm cloning of said test. Please note that the questions will not be cloned.
- Once you clone the test, you can click on the displayed button to go to the cloned test and customize it as you need by adding/deleting questions, inviting candidates, and so on.
- You can view the cloned test on the tests page as shown below.