You can create a custom test for the candidates by adding questions from the HackerRank library or your personal library. You can also create new questions if required.
Note: You can only add questions from your personal library if either you or your team has created questions.
- You must be logged in to your HackerRank for Work account.
1. Navigate to Tests on the home page and then click +New Test.
2. In the displayed dialog box, select the 'Build your own test' option, the specify the job role, work experience, test name and duration of the test in minutes, and then click Create Test. If you are unclear about the job role or work experience at the time of creation of a custom test, you can choose the 'other' option or fill in an arbitrary entry temporarily.
Tip: If you select "Other" as a role, enter the role in the displayed field, and then click Save. Specifying the role helps in organizing the tests better. This role is displayed along with the test name on the Tests home page.
3. On the test page, the Questions tab lets you add questions from the library or create your own questions as shown below.
4. Click Add from library to add questions from the library.
Step Result: The list of all questions in HackerRank library is displayed.
- In the left navigation pane, select the required library from which you want to add questions.
- Optionally, perform the following steps to view the list of the most relevant questions:
- If you want to select questions from your personal library, click My Questions in the left navigation pane.
- If you want to select questions from the questions created by your team, click My Company Questions in the left navigation pane.
- Select the question type from the drop-down menu to narrow the results.
- Apply the filter tags based on your question type to find relevant questions.
- Use the search window to search for the relevant questions.
- All added questions are visible in the right pane under test preview.
4. Click the plus sign (+) to add the particular question to the test. You can add multiple questions to the test.
- If you want to view a question before/after adding to the test, click the question title to view the complete question.
- Click the insights button to view the insights and statistical data on the usage of a specific question. The insights give useful information such as the number of times question has been attempted, median attempt time for the question, and median attempt time for the full score.
- The View button enables to view the entire question and the try button enables you to try the question and solve it. The three dot menu to the right of the insights button can be clicked to add the said question to the test.
5. Click Go to Test after you have added all the required questions.
Step Result: The displayed page shows the list of questions you have added to the test. You can continue to add from the library, create a section of similar questions, or create questions in the test as shown in the image below.
Note: You do not need to save this test. All the questions that you added to this test are auto-saved.
You can review, try, edit, and remove questions from the test by clicking the appropriate icon. You can only edit questions in your personal library.
6. If you do not find any relevant questions in the library, HackerRank for Work gives you the flexibility to add your own questions. Click Create new question and select the question type to create your own questions for the test.
7. Choose the type of question, and fill in the challenge statement, test cases, etc. and create different types of questions as you need them. A test can have some questions from the library and some created newly to.