You can view the code quality submitted by a candidate. This helps you in making better hiring decisions that go beyond the accuracy of the candidate's code. The major issues with the code are highlighted. A tag is displayed on the right side with the name of the issue. The description of the issue in the code is displayed corresponding to each tag.
Examples of descriptions of issues in code:
Replace the type specified in the constructor call with the diamond operator (“<>”).
Refactor this code to not nest more than 3 statements such as if, for, while, switch, and try.
Reduce the total number of break and continue statement in this loop to use at most one.
Note: Currently, we do not provide any rating or score to the candidate's code. Only issues with the code are highlighted and described.
- You must be logged in to your HackerRank for Work account.
- The candidate must have submitted the code for which you want to view code quality
- Click the Tests tab and then click the required test name from the displayed list.
- Click on the Candidates option on the pane below test name, and then click the required button from the left-hand pane that shows various candidate status’ options.
- Click on the candidate name to view the report for the required candidate.
- Click the detailed tab once the report opens.
You can see the description of issues in the code.