After you are logged in to your CodePair interview, the following features are available to you:
After you join the CodePair interview, you can confirm the presence of the candidate or any other participant by looking at the colored symbol with the name of that participant at the top left corner of the screen. The quality of their internet connection is also displayed.
The Candidate Timeline feature allows an interviewer to leverage a candidate’s progress during a CodePair session. The interviewer can access previous events including test assessments and interview reports of the candidate.
You can click Candidate Timeline on the top right corner of the page.
The candidate timeline is displayed as follows:
Viewing the Candidate's timeline
You can click the link to view the resume if it is attached. You can click View Report to view the reports of the tests previously attempted by the candidate. Therefore, this feature enables interviewers to easily track and refer to the progress of the candidate during the CodePair session.
Input, Output, and Notes Section
There are Stdin, Stdout, and Notes sections at the bottom left corner of the page. You can click the upward arrow or the respective tabs to expand this section.
The input, output and notes area in the Codepair editor
Stdin section: The Standard Input (Stdin) is used to test the code by providing input to the code in this section. After providing the input, click the Run Code button. However, if you want to use the pre-configured test cases for the question, select the Run all testcases checkbox instead.
Stdout section: The Stdout section displays the output of the code when run. If there is an error in the code compilation, it is displayed here.
Note: The Stdin and Stdout tabs are only available for coding questions. However, if you choose to run all the existing test cases for a coding question, then only the Stdout tab exists. For the Database Engineer questions, only the Stdout tab is available.
Notes section: You can add notes that are available for recruiters and hiring team during the post-interview evaluation. The candidates cannot view this section. You can include a thumbs up or thumbs down symbol as well as part of the notes to indicate the quality of a particular candidate.
Live Text, Audio, and Video Chat
The participants can use text, audio, and video chat to interact with each other according to their preferences and requirements. You can click the chat window to expand it and then click the required icon to make a video call or phone call.
Video and Chat options
CodePair supports more than 30 programming languages. These are available in the drop-down menu in the top right corner of the page. You can change the language for each question. However, if you have disabled certain languages during question creation, then you can choose only enabled languages.
Click the Note icon to view the detailed CodePair Environment documentation that gives information on the version of each language used in the platform.
Choosing the required language for answering a particular question
The settings section enables you to customize the CodePair experience:
- Lock All Pads: This feature is only available to the interviewers. It enables you to lock a specific question pad or all pads which prohibit the candidate from making any changes on the locked pads.
- Unlock All Pads: With this option, you can unlock the pads, as required.
- Change screen name: you can select this option to modify your screen name or log in as a different user.
- Editor Theme: You can change the theme of how the questions and code appears. You can choose a white background and black font or vice versa, as required.
- Editor Mode: You can select the editor from the three given options.
- Font Size: You can select the size of the font for questions and code.
- Chat Desktop Notifications: If you enable this option, then the participants receive desktop notifications for CodePair chat.
- Automatic Brace Completion: If you enable this option, then the brackets in the code are automatically completed.
- Code Auto Completion: If you enable this option, then the code is automatically completed.
- Automatically move to "completed": If you enable this option, and no participants log in for 60 minutes, then the CodePair session is automatically completed after 60 minutes.
- Quick Tour: You can click this option to give you a general tour of the CodePair Interview Pad. Most of the features which can help in the interview process are highlighted in this tour.
- Video Tutorial: You can click this option to view a video tutorial on CodePair.
- CodePair Support: You can click this option to access the available support documentation on CodePair.
- Logout: You can click this option to log out of the CodePair.
CodePair editor settings