After you are logged in to your HackerRank interview, the following features are available to you:
After you join the HackerRank interview, you can confirm the presence of the candidate or any other participant by looking at the colored symbol with the name of that participant at the top left corner of the screen. The quality of their internet connection is also displayed.
Input, Output, and Notes Section
There are Input, Output, and Console sections at the bottom of the page. You can click the upward arrow and the respective tabs to expand this section.
The input, output and notes area in the Codepair editor
Input section: The Standard Input ( is used to test the code by providing input to the code in this section. After providing the input, click the Run Code button. However, if you want to use the pre-configured test cases for the question, select the Run all test cases checkbox instead.
Output Section: The Output section displays the output of the code when run. If there is an error in the code compilation, it is displayed here.
Run Tests and Run Code
Run Tests - This will run all test cases and the output of the same will be shown in the 'Output' tab.
Run Code - This will run the code for the current input in the input tab, and the output of the same will be shown in the 'Output' tab.
Run Tests and Run Code
Live Text, Audio, and Video Chat
The participants can use text, audio, and video conference to interact with each other according to their preferences and requirements. You can click the chat window to expand it and then click the required icon to make a video call or phone call.
Note: Click here for webcam and microphone troubleshooting tips
Video and Chat options
CodePair supports more than 30 programming languages. These are available in the drop-down menu in the top right corner of the page. You can change the language for each question. However, if you have disabled certain languages during question creation, then you can choose only enabled languages.
Choosing the required language for answering a particular question
This is a private scorecard for the interviewers that shows a set of skills to be analyzed based on the role that the candidate is getting hired for. You can rate these skills between a “Strong Yes” and a “Strong No” and also write feedback specific to that skill. You can also write their overall feedback in the scorecard if needed. This feedback will be autosaved on every action done in the scorecard. You can also copy this feedback by using the “Copy to clipboard” option available in the scorecard.
interviewer's scorecard in CodePair
The settings section enables you to customize the CodePair experience:
- Lock All Pads: This feature is only available to the interviewers. It enables you to lock a specific question pad or all pads which prohibit the candidate from making any changes on the locked pads.
- Unlock All Pads: With this option, you can unlock the pads, as required.
- Change screen name: you can select this option to modify your screen name or log in as a different user.
- Editor Theme: You can change the theme of how the questions and code appear. You can choose a white background and black font or vice versa, as required.
- Editor Mode: You can select the editor from the three given options.
- Font Size: You can select the size of the font for questions and code.
- Chat Desktop Notifications: If you enable this option, then the participants receive desktop notifications for CodePair chat.
- Automatic Brace Completion: If you enable this option, then the brackets in the code are automatically completed.
- Code AutoCompletion: If you enable this option, then the code is automatically completed.
- Automatically move to "completed": If you enable this option, and no participants log in for 60 minutes, then the CodePair session is automatically completed after 60 minutes.
- Environment Documentation: Click the Environment Documentation option from the Settings icon to view the detailed CodePair Environment documentation that gives information on the version of each language used in the platform.
- Quick Tour: You can click this option to give you a general tour of the CodePair Interview Pad. Most of the features which can help in the interview process are highlighted in this tour.
- Video Tutorial: You can click this option to view a video tutorial on CodePair.
- CodePair Support: You can click this option to access the available support documentation on CodePair.
- Logout: You can click this option to log out of the CodePair.
CodePair editor settings
Click on the End Interview button on the top righthand corner of the page to end the interview. A pop- up message confirming the end of the interview session appears on the screen. You can reopen the interview or view the report in your HackerRank for Work account after closing the interview.
End of CodePair Interview