As a recruiter, you can configure advanced account settings for a candidate. You can set up the invitation email template, reminder email template, and determine when reminders should be sent to the candidates.
Note: If you configure different email settings on this page and the Invite Candidates page for a particular test, then the settings configured in the Invite Candidates page take precedence for a particular test.
This is done to ensure that you have the flexibility to make changes for particular test invitations if required.
Advanced Settings in your HackerRank Account
- You must have a recruiter license to view and configure these settings.
- Click the arrow next to the user icon on the top right corner of the home page. Click on the Settings option from the drop-down menu and then click Advanced Settings in the left navigation pane.
- Specify the candidate tags.
These tags are added to all the candidates that you invite. For instance, you can add your name as a tag. This makes it easy for you to determine the candidates that are invited by you.
- Select the Default Template for Test Invites from the drop-down menu.
All the email templates for test invites created by you are displayed in the drop-down menu. However, if you have not created an email template, then you need to create one to select it here.
- Click on the Add or Edit Templates option to add or edit a template.
Perform one of the following steps:
- To edit a template, click the edit icon in the Add or Edit Templates dialog box. In the displayed dialog box, specify the name and the template content. Select the Make default template check box, if you want to make this the default template. Click on the Update button.
- To add a template, click on the Add Template option. In the Create Template dialog box, specify the name and the template content. Select the Make default template check box, if you want to make this the default template. Click on the Add button.
- Select the Default Invite Expiration Time from the drop-down menu for all the test invitations sent by you.
This is the time after which the test invitation becomes invalid and the test cannot be accessed. If you select None, then the test invitation is valid indefinitely.
- In the Default Test Reminder Time section, click the displayed button to enable the reminder emails to be sent to the candidates.
- In the
- In the Invites with no expiration section, select the day to send a reminder email to the candidates. You are required to select the number of days from the test invitation email to send a reminder email.
You must specify this field if your test has no expiry date.
Test reminder options
- In the Reminder Email Contents section, enter the content for a reminder email.
By default, a reminder email is drafted; however, you can modify the contents of this email, if required.
- Click on the Save button.