Dynamic test is a test where you create a pool of questions and instruct our platform to randomly pick a specified number of questions from this pool and bundle it together as a test. After you have created a test with a pool of questions, you can go to advanced settings for a test to create a dynamic test.
- You must be logged in to your HackerRank for Work account.
- You must have created a test with a pool of questions.
Refer Creating a Custom Test topic to understand the steps involved in creating a test.
- You must have ensured that questions are added in the sequence in which you want to create sections.
- Questions in one section of the test must have same difficulty level and score.
Tip: If you have added questions in a random order, you can drag and drop questions to club the questions that you want to put in the same bucket.
To order the questions, click the required test name on the Tests home page. On the displayed Questions page, you can drag and drop the questions to order them before creating a dynamic test.
- Click Tests tab on the home page and then click the required test.
- In the left navigation pane, click Advanced Settings for the selected test.
- Click Miscellaneous in the displayed page to expand the section.
- In the Dynamic Test area, click the displayed button to create a dynamic test.
- Specify the number of buckets you want to create and then click Create.
These buckets are used to club similar type of questions together.
If your test comprises 2 sections, enter 2 here. If a test comprises 3 sections, then enter 3 here.
Step Result: The questions are divided into the number of buckets you specified.
Example: If you have 40 questions and 3 buckets, then our platform will create the first bucket with 14 questions and the other two with 13 questions each. However, you can modify these values, as required.
- Specify the bucket name (optional), number of questions in that bucket, and number of questions that must be randomly picked from that bucket to generate a dynamic test.
- Click Save.
Step Result: The dynamic test is created.
Note: If you have added questions with different scores and types in one bucket, then the following warning is displayed:"Questions selected in bucket 1 have different scores and are of different type. This may lead to an inconsistent dynamic test." You must fix this before trying to save the settings to ensure that dynamic test is created successfully.