HackerRank for Work enables customers to create their own questions, as well as clone existing questions. Cloning an existing question breaks all ties of the question with the original. A cloned question, albeit a replica of the original, has a separate Question ID, and changes made to the original question, will not reflect in the clone and vice versa. Cloning questions is particularly useful when you want to use different versions of a question with modifications in different contexts.
Points to Note
- All questions created by you and anyone in your company are available under 'My Company Questions' in your HackerRank for Work account.
- HackerRank also has a vast and rich library of questions, available under 'HackerRank Questions'.
- Questions under both categories can be cloned.
Cloning HackerRank Questions
- First, click on Library and then select HackerRank Questions.
- Next, hover your mouse right next to the question you want to clone. Then click on the three dots and select Clone from the pop-up window.
- Confirm cloning the question, in spite of non-transferrable periodic updates, as shown below.
- After clicking on Clone, you will see a new window asking you to finalize the name of the cloned question.
- Upon saving the cloned question, the cloned question becomes available for you to use under 'My Company Questions' in your HackerRank for Work account.
- You can also clone questions by clicking on the checkbox to the left of the question name in the library list view, as shown below.
- Another option is to clone questions in the question view pane, which becomes visible when you open a question from the library. Click on the three-dot menu and select Clone from the pop-up window, at the far right.
Note: HackerRank Library questions are cloned without the solution uploaded to the question, i.e. when candidates try their solutions with custom input, they won't see an 'expected output' unless a solution to the question is uploaded in the question creation flow. Read more about candidates using expected output here.
Cloning Your Company Questions
- First, click on Library and then select My Company Questions as shown below:
- Next, hover your mouse next to the question you want to clone. Click on the three-dot menu and select Clone as shown below:
- After clicking on Clone, you will see a new window asking you to edit the name of the cloned question as shown below:
- After clicking OK, you can edit the problem statement, description, and test cases. Finally, the cloned question will be saved with that name.
- Your Company questions can be cloned in similar ways as cloning HackerRank questions.