HackerRank integrates with Google Calendar to facilitate an easy and seamless remote interviewing experience.
As a part of this workflow, users can install the HackerRank calendar add-on and use it to schedule remote technical interviews directly from the Google Calendar app. This results in a hassle-free interview scheduling experience saving you a lot of time and effort.
How Does the HackerRank Interview Add on Work?
You need to install the HackerRank Interviews add-on from the G Suite Marketplace. Once the add-on is installed, follow the below steps to use this add-on to schedule remote technical interviews from your Google Calendar app.
1. Open Google Calendar and enter participant information.
2. Choose HackerRank Interview from the video conferencing options.
3. Once you select HackerRank Interview, it will ask you to log in to your HackerRank for Work account. Once you complete the login process you will be able to use the HackerRank for Interviews addon in Google Calendar to conduct remote interviews. (This is a one-time setup. Once logged in, you do not need to repeat this step for scheduling future interviews.)
4. Click Save. Once it is saved you can see the event in your calendar.
How Does the Calendar Add-ons Appear in HackerRank?
You will be able to view the details of this interview in your HackerRank account as well. Any interview link that is created from the Google Calendar add-on will show up on your HackerRank Interviews page, as shown in the below image.
If you are part of an organization that manages your Google Workspace, your system administrator will have to install the add-on. They can do it for you or for the whole team. Please reach out to them to install it. Once they add it to your Calendar, you will be able to use the add-in.
To schedule interviews using the calendar add-on, you need access to HackerRank Interview. You need to have a Recruiter or Interviewer role inside HackerRank to have access to our remote-first interviewing solution.
You can use any other conferencing platform in the same invite as HackerRank Interview. For Google Calendar, you can use another app’s add-on first, copy the joining information that shows up in the description, then use the HackerRank Interview add-on.
When you use HackerRank Interview as the last add-on, joining information for the other add-on will be available in the meeting description.
- Check if the candidate has used the same email to log in to the Interview as they used for the test.
- If the candidate logged in to the session after the Interviewer, you can just refresh the page and you will be able to pull in the questions.