If you have registered yourself for the GS Engineering Campus Hiring program 2021, then we recommend you to go through the information given below.
On this page, we have compiled a list of preparation checklists, a short walkthrough video, and some commonly asked questions with their answers to give you a smooth test-taking experience.
Test Preparation Checklist
Before beginning your test we advise you to go through the preparation checklist below to have a hassle-free test experience.
- Install and use the latest versions of Google Chrome or Firefox browsers to take your HackerRank tests for the best experience. Please note that mobile browsers are not supported. Refer to Browser recommendations for more information.
- Since this is going to be a proctored test, take the test from a webcam-enabled computer. Check your webcam status before beginning your test.
- Perform a system check here before you start your test.
- Make sure that you are in a location with adequate internet and power supply to avoid problems during the test.
- Carve out a quiet and well-lit test-taking spot with minimal distractions as the webcam will be enabled for the test.
- We advise you to take the sample test, before the main test to familiarize yourself with the HackerRank environment. The Sample test will be blocked on the day of the test. Please make sure to try the sample test before.
- Since this is an Aptitude test you would be allowed to use a pen and a paper to solve the questions.
- Due to a little technical glitch, the login window for the 2:30-3:00 pm batch has been extended for 25minutes, You will be able to log in till 3:25 PM.
- Please refresh the page once If you are getting an error like Error on processing request.
- We received queries from candidates on section not having complete data, GS team is aware of this and would consider these scenarios and will get back to you.
Taking a proctored MCQ test on HackerRank
Here is a short video to walk you through the process of taking an MCQ type test on the HackerRank platform.
Frequently Asked Questions
Here are answers to some of the most commonly asked questions. We recommend you go through these questions first to resolve your queries. If your question is not addressed over here, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will help you with your concern.
Before the start of the test
Your Recruiter may enforce proctoring for your HackerRank Test. During the Test, proctoring allows your Recruiter to monitor your focus on the Test screen and detect any malpractices.
Also, please refrain from taking screenshots/photos of questions during the test.
For the GS Engineering campus hiring program 2021, there are two types of proctoring enabled.
Tab proctoring will be enabled for your test hence we advise you not to switch tabs in between while taking the test as the same will get captured in your report, which may result in disqualification for the next round.
Proctoring or Webcam Proctoring
The GS Engineering campus hiring program 2021 is a proctored test and you need to enable your webcam for taking the test. Please note that you will not be able to start the test if the webcam is not enabled for your system or if you have a faulty webcam installed. Adding to that there are few things which you need to understand before taking a proctored test.
a. Always make sure that you are sitting in a well-lit area and your face is clearly visible during the test.
b.Make sure that your face is perfectly positioned in front of the camera.
c. Do not let anyone sit behind you during the test. Only your face should be visible to the camera.
d. This test is being proctored, hence your photos will be taken during the test in a periodic time interval. Only the person who is taking the test should be visible in those photos.
You must follow these rules while taking the proctored test. It may cause disqualification for the next round if not followed properly.
Your Recruiter has already started sending invites, you should be receiving the test invitation latest by 19 Feb 2021.
If you have completed your registration successfully on the Goldman Sachs portal with all accurate details and are eligible for the program, you would have already received the link. Recommend checking other folders (including spam) in your email service. If you still cannot find the invite it could mean that you are not eligible for the test at the moment.
During the test
All the work that you submitted before losing the internet connection is saved on our servers. After the internet connectivity is resumed, you can log on to the test again (if it is not past the test completion time) and resume answering the questions. The test timer does not stop ticking when you are offline and the test ends at the scheduled time. We advise you to have a backup internet connection to use in a worst-case scenario as you can not retake or extend the duration once the given time is over.
Since the questions are multiple-choice, the interface saves your chosen answer immediately. If the Test ended before you could submit it, the saved answer is automatically submitted in the Test as the final answer.
After the test
Note: We advise you to write to us only at the mentioned email addresses. Writing to the general support of HackerRank or Goldman Sachs will not warrant a reply. We wish you all the best for the test.