The Insights tab on the HackerRank home page provides statistical dashboards from your company's utilization of the HackerRank account by your recruiting and technical staff. As a company admin, you can access the Insights page to gain an analytical knowledge of how your hiring teams are using HackerRank in promoting your organization to hire the best talents while being able to save revenues. These data visualization tools and dashboards give you the flexibility to drill down into your data while maintaining a secure, birds-eye view of operations.
You can also download Candidate performance reports and reports specific to the utilization of your HackerRank company account.
- You must have a HackerRank for Work account.
- You must log in as a Company Admin user.
On the Home page, click on the Insights tab to view the various analysis in the following categorical sections:
- Test Usage
- Interview Usage
- Interview Questions
Test Usage Dashboard
The Test Usage dashboard gives you deeper insights into the various activities related to Tests that are performed from your HackerRank account.
A team-wise classification of the trends is also displayed to help you analyze which of your company's recruitment teams are being efficient and effective with conducting Tests and the Candidates’ responses to them.
The Test Usage dashboard offers a number of tiles that show the overall candidate’s experience in the tests. You can view the following charts under the Test Usage dashboard:
- Total number of test invites and test attempts along with their trends
- Average Test Rating and Average Test trend
- Invitation Method
- Total Active teams, users, and roles and list of active teams, users, and roles
Test Usage Page
Interview Usage Dashboard
The Interview Usage dashboard gives you deeper insights into the various activities of interviews that are performed from your HackerRank account.
A team-wise classification of trends is also displayed to help you analyze which of your company's recruitment teams are being efficient and effective with conducting interviews and the duration of interviewing the candidates.
The Interview Usage dashboard offers a number of tiles that display an overall interviewer’s experience in conducting the interview and the following are the charts available on this page:
- Total number of interviews created and completed along with their trends
- Average Interview rating by candidate and interviewer and their trends
- Total number of top interviewers by session usage and rating and list of interviews by session usage and rating
- Total interview duration and trends of interview duration
- Total interviewing teams and interview team statistics
- The total number of unique candidates interviewed
The Interview URL is available in the detailed report in each of the charts for the respective candidate.
Interview Usage Page
Interview Questions Dashboard
The charts display trends of HackerRank questions and the custom questions that are used in your interviews.
The Interview Question charts display the overall statistics, usage of HackerRank, and custom questions. Here are the details of the charts and total count available on this page:
- Total number of HackerRank questions and custom questions
- List of interview questions and list of interviewers for a particular question
- List of question usage in interviews
- Types of questions
Interview Questions Page
Note: When you click on the question ID under question usage in interviews, the question page opens inside the Library.
Here are some of the key features that you can use to make the most use of the dashboards. These features let you modify a report to your requirements to see more detail and drill down to gain deeper insights into your reports.
There are additional features that let you schedule and automate the distribution of reports, insights, data sets, and query results.
You can download the entire data for dashboards, or an option is available to download each of the reports that are available inside these dashboards. Data can be downloaded in the form of PDFs or CSVs.
Download Test Data
To download the complete dashboard information, click on the Download Test Data button under each of these dashboards. You can select a date range from the available options or set a custom date range when you click on the Download button.
Download Test Data window
Download Individual Reports
To download any particular report, you can click on the vertical ellipsis that appears when you hover over the top right corner of each of these reports. Click on Download Data, select the available file formats in the Download screen, and enter the file name.
Download Data window
This option opens the Download window where you can perform the following actions:
- Select the desired file format from the dropdown.
- In the Results section, choose whether you want visualization settings applied to your data download.
- In the Values section specify whether you want to apply any formatting to your report or want an unformatted report.
- You can also choose to limit the number of rows you want in your report.
Download as PDF and CSV
You can download the charts using icon at the top right corner of the page and select Download as PDF or Download as CSVs from the drop-down.
Enter the filename and set the desired paper size from the advanced options.
Click on the numbers in any of the dashboards to drill down and check the detailed information. For example, click on the Custom questions to check the details and download the results.
Click on any point in the Trend reports in any of the dashboards to check the details for a particular date and time and these results can be downloaded from the available file formats.
You can limit the data you see on your dashboard by adding filters. Use the arrow icon to expand the Filter section and specify the date range and other required criteria in the fields mentioned.
The dashboard gets updated with the latest result based on your filter criteria once you click on the Run button to run your query.
Scheduling and Sending Reports
The Scheduling option lets you schedule immediate or recurring delivery of your reports. You can schedule a report using icon at the top right corner of the page and select Schedule from the drop-down. Once you schedule a report you can receive it through email, webhooks, or other third-party integrations.
To send the reports, click on theicon at the top right corner of the page and select Send from the drop-down.
This option opens the Send window where you can perform the following actions in the download window:
- Enter a title to the report.
Select an option to receive the reports through email, webhooks, or other third-party integrations.
- Select the desired file format.
- Select the filter options to filter by hours, days, months, years, or other available options.
- Set the desired paper size from the advanced options.
Legacy Reports Dashboard
The earlier charts in the Insights tab are now called the Legacy Reports and detailed information is available in HackerRank Company Account Insights - Legacy Reports article.