Container-based real-world Projects questions are great at testing a candidate’s knowledge of frameworks and skills in building real applications. Candidates get access to an IDE that provides features similar to development level IDE.
Containers introduce some scaling limitations. At a customer company level, it is important to note that in order to provide a good candidate experience, the maximum number of candidate logins per minute is 30, and the overall concurrent sessions of these tests is 500.
Inviting candidates in bulk to Projects Tests
- If you expect your candidates to login in a staggered manner, you can go ahead and invite all the candidates. There shouldn’t be any negative candidate experience.
- If you expect all the candidates to log in at once or your test starts at a particular time
- Candidates might see a prompt to wait for some time when they reach the limit for the login rate mentioned earlier. (Check candidate experience section for more details)
- To mitigate this situation, it is recommended that you invite candidates in batches.
- If inviting in batches is not an option, please reach out to your customer success manager or write to us at email@example.com. for additional support and options.
- If you expect more than 500 candidates to take the test in parallel, please reach out to us through firstname.lastname@example.org to inquire about temporary increases in capacity, to support your event.
Candidate experience in events with Projects tests
- The first 30 candidates will be provisioned servers for the test and will be able to start the test.
- All remaining candidates will see a prompt saying “We are seeing unusually high traffic. We are trying to provision a server for your test. Try again after the countdown below.” They will see a timer for a minute before they can retry logging into the test.
- After the first minute, the next set of 30 candidates will be provisioned servers and so on.
- If more than 500 candidates need to take the test in parallel, once the first 500 candidates are logged in to the test, the next set of candidates will see an error: “Our servers are at capacity. Please try to take this test after some time”. As existing candidates finish their attempts, new candidates will be allowed to log into the test.
Note: Test with Front End, Back End, Full-Stack, and Data Science questions will have the above candidate experience.