HackerRank is a leading technology hiring platform that enables companies to hire skilled developers by conducting online assessments and interviews. Based on the skills and competencies required in Candidates for a job role, hiring companies use the HackerRank platform to create assessments or schedules Interviews and invite Candidates to attempt them. Programmers, university students, and job seekers in the computer science domain participate in the companies' assessments or interview processes to solve challenging Questions and showcase their coding skills.
Hackerrank platform supports two types of assessments,
- HackerRank Tests - A coding and technical assessments platform with a built-in code execution environment that supports 35 different programming languages.
- HackerRank Interviews- A video-based interactive coding interviews platform to conduct face-to-face interviews with Candidates located remotely.
Typically, HackerRank Tests are the first step in a company's Candidate screening process and those who clear the Test usually qualify for an online coding interview on HackerRank Interviews.
If you've received a HackerRank Test invite from your hiring company, log in to the Test and attempt the questions within the given time limit.
If you've received an interview invite on HackerRank Interviews , click the interview link at the scheduled time to participate in a video-based interactive coding interview. You can expect one or more interviewers to join the interview discussion and present you with coding Questions to solve and display the output.
Yes. We recommend the following:
- Install and use the latest versions of Google Chrome or Firefox browsers to take your HackerRank assessments. See: Browser recommendations for the best experience
- Ensure that you have an uninterrupted internet and power supply to avoid problems during the assessments. See: Loss of connectivity during assessments
- Your Tests can be proctored. We recommend using a web camera-enabled computer to take the Test. See: Taking Proctored Tests
- Ensure that you do not engage in any plagiarism or other forms of malpractices during HackerRank's assessments. See: Preventing malpractices in HackerRank's assessments
If you have an upcoming interview, see the Interview preparation checklist for Candidates topic for detailed information.
Follow the below given steps to login to a HackerRank Test.
- You must receive an email invite for a HackerRank Test.
- Open the invite and click Start Challenge or click the Test link provided in the email.
- Sign up for the HackerRank Community User account and log in. Alternatively, log in using the particular credentials provided in the invite.
- We recommend using Firefox or Google Chrome browsers for a good experience.
See: Logging on to HackerRank Tests for detailed information.
You can log in to HackerRank Tests using your registered HackerRank account. On the Test log in page, click Sign up to create an account and log in to the Test.
However, if your hiring company requires you to log in using credentials provided by them, you must ask the recruiter who invited you to send you the login information or re-send the test invite.
HackerRank only provides a platform to conduct the challenges, and cannot share any passwords for accessing a test created by a company.
Please check Browser Recommendations for the Best Experience.
Make sure you log in at least a few minutes before the test expiration time so that you have enough time to fill the login form.
There are two scenarios for this problem.
Login before the test starting time:
- In your invitation test starting time will mentioned clearly, you cannot start the test before the given time.
Login after the test expiration time:
- Your invitation mail will also mention the test expiration time you cannot log in to a test once given time is over.
- You also have to make sure that you are logging in at least few minutes before the expiration time so that you have enough time to fill the confirmation form.
You can log in to HackerRank Tests using your registered HackerRank Community User account or using the Test login credentials provided by your hiring company.
Note: HackerRank does not share any login credentials with the Candidates.
If you are still facing the same problem, the following table lists some of the possible causes of a login issue and describes the solutions.
|Possible Causes||Recommended Solution|
|Verify whether your hiring company requires you to log in with particular credentials or password.||
Check the received Test email invite for any credentials provided by the company, and use them to log in.
Contact the Recruiter who sent you the Test invite and request for the login credentials.
|You do not have a registered HackerRank Community User account.||
Click Sign up in the login form to create an account and log in.
Note: If you are a Recruiter using HackerRank for Work, you must Sign up for a separate HackerRank Community user account to log in to a Test.
|Verify that the specified email address and password are correct.||
To verify, click Forgot Password, enter your registered email address/user name, and click Reset Password.
|An issue with browser caching of usernames and passwords.||
Your browser’s caching might cause login issues. Try accessing the Test in browser incognito mode and log in using the right credentials.
HackerRank supports different types of Questions across multiple programming languages. Your Test will include Questions based on the role you've applied for and the skills required in the Candidates being assessed for the role.
Once you open the test link that has been provided, you would be able to see the type of questions that the test will have.
Example: If you've applied for a Front-end Developer role, you can expect coding and technical questions related to Front-end software development using Angular, React, or other frameworks.
If you are new to HackerRank, the Sample Test allows you to familiarize yourself with the HackerRank Coding environment and platform before you take up the actual Test.
- As a Candidate who has received a HackerRank Test Invite, you can also access the Sample Test from the Instructions section of the Test Login page.
2. Click Sample Test.
3. Specify your email address and click Agree & Start to take the Sample Test.
Note: You can attempt the Sample Test multiple times. For every attempt, you must log in with a unique email address.
We do not recommend taking HackerRank Tests, or challenges on your phone. You can attempt HackerRank's assessments and challenges on your computer for a good experience. We recommend using the latest versions of Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox browsers.
Refer to the Browser recommendations for the best experience topic for detailed information.
HackerRank for Work displays 'Insufficient Account Balance' when a recruiter has run out of test invites. If you are seeing this message while trying to start a test attempt, you need to contact the recruiter directly and let them know about the error message. The Recruiter can, in turn, get in touch with the HackerRank for Work team to secure more invites.
The Test might not be available due to any of the following reasons:
- The Test link has expired. This means that the recruiter had set a Test expiry date after which the Test could not be accessed by the Candidates.
- The Test might have a particular scheduled time. However, you might be trying to access it at a time that falls outside the scheduled time.
- The Test owner might have deleted the Test.
To resolve this problem, you can contact the recruiter and request a new test invitation. HackerRank cannot reset the link without explicit communication from the concerned recruiter.
Yes. on the left bottom of the test login page you can see Platform Help, Execution Environment, FAQ.
- Platform Help- Our candidate support page to learn everything about the HackerRank platform.
Execution Environment- Time and memory limits for code execution in each programming language.
- FAQs - Answers to some frequently asked questions.
See the Taking Front-end, Back-end, Full-stack developer assessments topic to know more.