A consistent interview process reduces bias while also providing a way to benchmark and compare candidates to get the right fit. To enable a consistent and structured interview process, interviewers need to ask the same or similar set of questions to every candidate applying for a role.
Keeping this in mind, HackerRank has introduced Interview Templates. Using the Interview Templates, hiring managers and interviewers can ensure they ask the same set of questions to every candidate applying for a particular role. This article discusses the steps to create or add questions to interview templates and also how to view and edit them.
Create or Add Questions to Interview Templates
- Log in to an interview as an interviewer and click on the Import Question option from the left pane of the screen.
- Select a question from the Question Selection pop-up and click on the + icon to add it to a template.
- You can either add a question to a pre-existing template by ticking the checkbox or create a new template and add it there.
- To create a template, click on Create new template and enter the template name.
View and Update Interview Templates
- You can access the templates from the Question Selection pop-up on the interview page.
- Use the arrow icon beside the Templates to toggle between the templates created by you or the ones shared with you.
- You can select a suitable role for the template from the Role section drop-down menu as shown below.
- Inside a template, you can remove a question from the Template by clicking the (-) icon next to the question.
- Templates created by you will be shared with all your teams by default.
Note: It is not possible to delete or rename a template once you create it.