A consistent interview process reduces bias while also providing a way to benchmark and compare candidates to get the right fit. To enable a consistent and structured interview process, interviewers need to ask the same or similar set of questions to every candidate applying for a role.
Keeping this in mind, HackerRank has introduced Interview Templates. Using the Interview Templates, hiring managers and interviewers can ensure they ask the same set of questions to every candidate applying for a particular role. This article discusses the steps to create or add questions to interview templates and how to view and edit them.
Creating an Interview Template
- Log in as an interviewer and click on the Question Library option from an interview starting page.
- You can select a question from the question library and click on the + icon to add it to a template.
- You can either add a question to a pre-existing template by clicking the checkbox next to an existing template or click to create a new template.
- Click on Create new template and enter the template name to create a template.
Updating Interview Templates
- You can access the templates from the left pane of the interview page.
- All the templates created by you and shared with you will be available here.
- You can click on the desired template name to open it.
Rename a Template
- You can rename the template by clicking on the edit icon below.
Note: You can only rename the templates created by you.
Selecting a Job Role for Template
- You can select a suitable job role for the template from the Role section drop-down menu, as shown below.
Note: Your templates will be shared with all your teams by default.
Edit/View Access of a Template
You can give view/edit access to the teams by selecting the desired option, as shown below.
All My Teams Can Edit: This will allow your team to collaborate on the list of questions in the template. The team members will be able to add and remove questions from the template.
Suggestion: Use this to collaborate with your team and create a standardized set of questions to ask while hiring for a particular role!
All my teams can View: This will allow your team only to view the list of questions in the template. The team members will not be able to add and remove questions from the template.
Removing a Question from the Template
- You can remove a question from the template by clicking the (-) icon next to the question inside a template.
Launching a Question from Template to Interview
- You can launch any question from a template to an interview by clicking on the Use icon.
- For templates consisting of five or fewer questions, you can use all questions at once by clicking the Use All button.
Deleting a Template
If you want to delete a template created by you, you can do that by following the below steps:
- Click on the three dots in the top right corner and select Delete Template.
- Select Delete from the pop-up window. This will delete the template.
Note: You can not delete the templates created by others.