HackerRank Interview includes an in-built code editor facilitating a collaborative coding experience for interviewers and their candidates.
To configure a live coding test, you will need to add a new interview stage named Code Pair and configure it with all the necessary questions and focus attributes. Candidates can then be moved to this stage.
When it's time for the live exercise, the interviewer and candidate can log into the HackerRank platform and collaborate. The interviewer can then complete their assessment using the Greenhouse Recruiting scorecard.
Note: Once you set up the integration configuration for HackeRank - Greenhouse, you can use the same integration to schedule interviews from Greenhouse. For more information to set up the integration, see Greenhouse - HackerRank Integration Configuration Guide.
Add HackerRank Interview Stage in a Greenhouse Job Interview Plan
Before you try to scedule an interview with the candidate, you must create a stage in the Job Interview Plan of Greenhouse.
Schedule an Interview with the Candidate from Greenhouse
To associate the HackerRank Interview stage with a Job in the Greenhouse:
To schedule an interview with a candidate:
- Select the candidate you want to move to the Interview stage.
- Move the Candidate to the Interview stage.
- Schedule an interview with the candidate by clicking Schedule interview.
- Select the appropriate date and time. Select the Interviewer(s).
- Click Generate a CodePair Link.
- The interview link is generated, which you can share with the candidate.
- Click Save and Continue.
- The Send Calendar Invite to Interviewers screen is displayed in which all the details of the interview are posted.
- You will need to open it in Google to view the Calendar invite. Preview the details and send the invite.
- Once the invite is sent to the interviewer and candidate, they will receive emails and links to join the interview.
- The Candidate can log in to the interview by entering the name.
- After the interview, select the Candidate's HackerRank Test interview kit in Greenhouse and update your interview feedback on the scorecard.
Note: The interviewer’s Scorecard filled out within a HackerRank Interview will not be synced with Greenhouse; however, you can fill the scorecard within Greenhouse. Greenhouse requires Interviewers to fill out the scorecard manually.