After integrating iCIMS Prime Assessment - HackerRank platforms, you can use this integration to send prime assessments to the candidates.
This article describes how you can send HackerRank Test invites from iCIMS Prime Assessment and view the candidate's reports.
Send HackerRank Test Invites from iCIMS Prime Assessment
After you have configured the integration with HackerRank for Work, you can send the prime assessments to the candidates in two ways:
- Click Search > Jobs in the menu on the iCIMS platform.
- Specify the Keywords of the job you want to search in the Job Search page.
- You will land on the Job page.
- Click the Candidates tab on the top and select the appropriate candidate you want to send the Prime Assessments.
- The Candidate details window is displayed. Click the Additional Info tab.
- Now, in the Additional Info tab, click Advance on the upper-right of the screen to advance the candidate to the next stage.
- Click Send Prime Assessment to send the assessment to the candidate.
- You will be redirected to the Trigger Assessment window. Select the Connector as HackerRank Prime Assessment.
- Select the assessment you want to send the candidate from the Select Package drop-down. Note that the tests you have created in HackerRank are displayed in the drop-down. If the integration has been enabled, it may take some time for all HackerRank tests to sync to your iCIMS platform.
- You will be prompted to confirm sending the assessment to the candidate.
- Click Send. The Prime Assessments are now sent to the candidate. An email is sent to the candidate's account.
Take the HackerRank Test from iCIMS
- Once an invite is sent to the candidate, an email will be sent to the candidate's account.
- The candidate must click Start Test to start the test. The candidate is redirected to the HackerRank platform login.
- After a candidate completes the test, the Test status is updated on HackerRank.
The Recruiter can view the reports of the candidate's assessments on HackerRank.
You can add the test to the job and create a job post.
To create the job posting and add the Test:
- Select the Job for which you want to create the Job posting.
- Click the Detail tab in the Job and then click Edit.
- The Detail tab displays the details of the Job.
- In the Prime Assessment Package, select the Test you want to add to the Job posting.
- Click Save.
- Now, the Test is added to the Job posting.
- Click the Postings tab.
- Specify the Job in the Career portal, and select the start and end date.
- Click Post. The Job is successfully posted.
- Click Jobs to apply as a Candidate.
- The Apply for job page is displayed.
- When the candidate applies for the job online, they will get the test link as part of the application process. In this case, they will not receive an invite by Email. Candidates will take the Test from iCIMS.
- Once the Candidate clicks the Assessment link, they are redirected to the HackerRank page to take the Test.
- When the Candidate clicks Continue, they are redirected to the Test in which they can take the questions.
- After the candidate submits the Test, the status is updated on iCIMS.
Review Candidate's Test Scores in iCIMS
Once the candidate completes the assessment, HackerRank sends their HackerRank test scores to iCIMS.
- At this stage, HackerRank checks the answers submitted by the candidate, checks for plagiarism, and prepares reports.
- Once the report is prepared, the same is published back to iCIMS.
To view the result on iCIMS Prime Assessments:
- Navigate to the Screen tab on the Additional Info page.
- Click Prime Assessments.
- The details of the Assessment sent to the candidate are displayed. Select the Show Custom Ranges option to view the HackerRank-specific status of the test taken by the candidate.
- You can view the Detailed report of the candidate, the score of the candidate in percentage, and the status of the assessment sent.
Assessing the Status Values for Assessments
The status of the Test taken by the candidate is displayed on the Screen > Additional Info of the Candidate.
Note: Any other status except Pass and Fail will appear as To Evaluate on iCIMS.
For example, in the above scenario, the candidate has passed a test, and the score is displayed in percentage. The score for the individual questions in the test are also displayed in percentage. If a question is not attempted, it is displayed as Not Attempted.
Different HackerRank Status in iCIMS
- Failed - The candidate has taken the Test but has not passed the cut-off score.
- Pass- The candidate has taken the Test and passed the Test.
- To Evaluate
The candidate has taken the Test, but the Interviewer needs to evaluate and update the status in HackerRank.
The Test contains questions that need manual evaluation.
- Assessment Not sent- This status appears if the Recruiter on the job profile does not have a HackerRank license, and hence the test invite is not successful.
- Invited- A Test invite is sent, but the candidate has not yet taken the Test.