The DevOps questions are automatically evaluated. When you configure a DevOps question, you provide a Check script (written in Bash) that validates if the candidate has performed the correct tasks and assigns points accordingly. You can assign full, partial, or zero points. The scoring logic of this script is as follows:
- If the check script prints one or more lines of output of the form “Partial Credit: <value>%”, then:
- The percentages in all such lines are summed up to yield the percentage score of that question. Let us assume it is x%.
- The candidate's score is x% of the maximum score assigned to that question.
- If the Percentage(%) sign is missing, we assume it is a 100-normalized percentage, e.g. “Partial Credit: 50” is equivalent to “Partial Credit: 50%”.
- If a printed partial credit is less than 0%, then it is ignored.
- If a printed partial credit is greater than 100%, then it is considered as 100%.
- If the check script does not print any lines of output of the form “Partial Credit: <value>%”:
- And if the check script exits with a return value of 0, then 100% of the maximum score for that question is assigned.
- And if the check script exits with a non zero return value, then 0 points are assigned to that question.