Table of Contents
- The Integration
- Getting Started
- Configuring Your Requisition in Jobvite
- Ordering HackerRank Assessments
- Frequently Asked Questions
This document describes the integration in more detail, and how to set up your Jobvite and HackerRank accounts to work well together. Once properly set up recruiters and hiring managers will be able to trigger HackerRank Assessment requests without leaving their Jobvite account and also get updates of test status when the candidate completes the test.
Currently only Tests can be ordered from Jobvite. CodePair is not integrated. Click here for a full list of features available with this integration and how it compares with our other ATS integrations.
There is some initial configuration that should be performed in both your Jobvite as well as your HackerRank account. The activities outlined in this Section 2 need to be performed just once.
Configuration of your Jobvite account
You need to contact Jobvite customer support who will help you get this set up.
Jobvite will also give you the API access (which includes an API Key and Secret) to your Jobvite account. This will be required in the next step where you will configure your HackerRank for Work account.
You can confirm that your account has been configured properly by checking the following:
- Two additional workflow states in the workflow drop-down menu for candidates
- One additional custom field in the ‘Requisition’ object
- Four additional custom fields in the ‘Candidate’ object
Custom fields in Requisition Object
While creating the custom field you can specify a list of valid Test IDs in your HackerRank for Work account. You can associate one of these values to a specific Job Requisition when you actually create a new requisition (or edit an existing one).
Custom fields in Candidate Object
- HackerRank Test Status: A string indicating status of the invite. If this is not empty, then it will be one of the following: “Invited” or “Completed”
- HackerRank Test Score: The score obtained by the candidate for that particular test
- HackerRank Test Link: The URL of the test sent to the candidate. Can be useful if the recruiter wants to manually resend to candidate for any reason
- HackerRank Test Report Link: A link to the detailed report on HackerRank’s site
Configuration of your HackerRank Account
Note: To configure the integration, your HackerRank for Work account must be tied to the Owners Team in your company’s administrative settings.
- Login to your HackerRank for Work account
- Navigate to Settings -> API Access
- You will find a place to enter the Jobvite API credentials you got from your Jobvite account rep
Configuring your Requisition in Jobvite
You need to identify the Requisitions that need a HackerRank assessment, and link them to a HackerRank Test ID. The activities outlined in this Section 3 need to be performed once per new Requisition created in Jobvite.
Identify the HackerRank Test ID
- Login to your HackerRank for Work account
- Find the test you are interested in and visit its question listing page
- Look for the 5 or 6 digit number in the URL -- that is your Test ID
In the screenshot below the Test ID is 117945
Configuring Test ID in the Jobvite Requisition
- Navigate to 'Requisitions' in the top navigation bar
- Select the Requisition you are interested in (associated with a HackerRank assessment)
- Click Details
- Click 'Edit'
- Scroll to the bottom of the list of fields, to find the field called 'HackerRank Test ID'
- Enter Test ID in field
- Click Save
Ordering HackerRank Assessments
As part of your regular hiring workflow, when a candidate is ready to take a HackerRank test, change the candidate’s status to ‘HackerRank Assessment’ workflow state. The activities outlined in this Section 4 need to be performed once per candidate you want to be assessed using a HackerRank test.
Once the workflow state is set to ‘HackerRank Assessment’, within 20 minutes the candidate will receive an email with a link to the test for that specific requisition. The candidate will then complete the test, and the report will be updated to the candidate record on Jobvite. It will look like this:
The ‘HackerRank Test Status’ will be set to error status in case an invite could not be sent or there was some other such error. Here are the possible error statuses.:
- Not Invited. Email address is not valid for this candidate.
- Not Invited. Email address is missing for this candidate.
- Not Invited. Test ID is missing for this requisition/No such test exists.
- Not Invited. Candidate with this email has already been invited.
- Not Invited. Test ID is missing for this requisition.
- Not Invited. Company/Test Owner in HackerRank does not have permission to read the test.
- Not Invited. Company/Test Owner in HackerRank does not have permission to invite candidates.
- Not Invited. Inviting Owner's HackerRank Account is not activated.
Frequently Asked Questions
After the Test result is initially synched, if I change score in HackerRank, will it be synched back to Jobvite?
Yes. The first time we send results to Jobvite is at the end of the test once the report is generated. After that any user action in HackerRank for Work that results in a change of the candidate report will be synched back to Jobvite. The most important visible changes are:
- A change in the candidate score
- A change in the status of the test report - for e.g. from Completed - Evaluation Required to Completed - Failed.
I moved a candidate to the HackerRank Assessment state, but the candidate has not yet received the email. Why?
The HackerRank servers poll the Jobvite servers once in 60 minutes. So in the worst case your candidate can take up to one hour to receive the invite email.
Who is treated as the inviting recruiter if invited through Jobvite?
At the moment the owner / creator of the test is treated as the recruiter inviting the candidate.
Can we use a custom template that is saved on HRW?
No, there is no way to specify a saved template to be sent to the candidate. The HackerRank for Work default template will be used.