HackerRank integrates with Jazz, an Applicant Tracking System (ATS) previously known as Resumator. The integration enables recruiters to access HackerRank Tests directly within Jazz and invite their Candidates to attempt them. The Candidates' scores in these Tests are also updated in Jazz thereby allowing recruiters to select the best performing Candidates for the further stages in the hiring process.
This article describes:
- How to obtain the HackerRank - Jazz API Key required to enable the integration between the two applications.
- How to create Tests in HackerRank for Work, which can be directly accessed from Jazz.
- You must have a HackerRank for Work account.
- You must log in to HackerRank for Work as a Company Admin user to obtain the API key.
- You can log in as a Recruiter type user to HackerRank for Work to create and design Tests.
Tip: Refer to the Teams Management section of our Knowledgebase to know about the different types of users and permissions in HackerRank for Work.
Obtaining the Jazz - API Key/Token
- Login to HackerRank for Work as a Company Admin user.
- Click the arrow next to the user icon on the top right corner of the home page.
- Click Settings from the drop-down menu.
- From the left pane of the account settings page, click API Access.
- Under Jazz, click Generate API Key. The Jazz API token is generated for your HackerRank account. You must add this token in Jazz integration settings.
- Click to copy the token.
To know the further steps required for integration, please refer the documentation on the Jazz support site: https://success.jazz.co/hc/en-us/articles/223093307-Setting-up-HackerRank-Integration.
Before you can start using the integration, in HackerRank for Work, you must create Tests according to the different roles for which you're interviewing Candidates in Jazz.
For example, if you need to assess Candidates with 2+ years of experience in Front-end programming, you can build predefined HackerRank Tests based on the Front-end Developer role. Alternatively, you can design custom HackerRank Tests to suit your specific requirements in Candidate assessment and hiring.
- On the HackerRank for Work home page, click Tests.
- Click Create Test to begin creating a Test.
To know how to design Tests and add Questions in them, refer the following articles available in our Knowledgebase.