HackerRank integrates with Jazz, an Applicant Tracking System (ATS) previously known as Resumator. The integration enables recruiters to access HackerRank Tests directly within Jazz and invite their Candidates to attempt them. The Candidates' scores in these Tests are also updated in Jazz thereby allowing recruiters to select the best performing Candidates for the further stages in the hiring process.
Tests Integrations Steps
- You must have a HackerRank for Work account.
- You must log in to HackerRank for Work as a Company Admin user to obtain the API key.
- You can log in as a Recruiter-type user to HackerRank for Work to create and design Tests.
Tip: Refer to the Teams Management section of our Knowledgebase to know about the different types of users and permissions in HackerRank for Work.
Obtaining the Jazz - API Key/Token
- Login to HackerRank for Work as a Company Admin user.
- Click the arrow next to the user icon on the top right corner of the home page.
- Click on the Settings option from the drop-down menu.
- From the left pane of the account settings page, click on the API Integration, navigate to the JazzHR and click on the Configure button.
- Click on the Generate API token button. The Jazz API token is generated for your HackerRank account. You must add this token in Jazz integration settings.
- The unique API Key will be displayed in the next popup. Copy this key and save it, as it cannot be retrieved later. Every user needs to save and add the API key in Jazz.
To know the further steps required for integration, please refer to the documentation on the Jazz support site: https://success.jazz.co/hc/en-us/articles/223093307-Setting-up-HackerRank-Integration.
Before you can start using the integration, in HackerRank for Work, you must create Tests according to the different roles for which you're interviewing Candidates in Jazz.
For example, if you need to assess Candidates with 2+ years of experience in Front-end programming, you can build predefined HackerRank Tests based on the Front-end Developer role. Alternatively, you can design custom HackerRank Tests to suit your specific requirements in Candidate assessment and hiring.
- On the HackerRank for Work home page, click on the Tests tab.
- Click on the Create Test button to begin creating a Test.
To know how to design Tests and add Questions to them, refer to the following articles,