For the Multiple Choice Questions, you can do a bulk upload after creating the question. The option to bulk upload Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs) is available on the problem statement page of a Multiple Choice type Question. You can bulk upload MCQs from a CSV file.
Bulk Uploading of MCQs
To navigate to the bulk upload option:
- Click on the Library tab on the home page and then click on the Create Question button.
- In the Select Question Type dialog box, click on the Multiple Choice to open the problem statement page for MCQ-type questions.
- On the Problem Statement page, you will find the Bulk Upload MCQs option on the top right corner of the page as shown below.
- To use the bulk upload feature, you must define and organize the MCQs, their corresponding answer choices, and the relevant scores in a Comma-Separated Values (CSV) file.
- To view a sample CSV specification, click on the Bulk Upload MCQs, and in the displayed dialog box, click on the link available to download the sample file. You can refer to the sample file to understand the CSV file definition format for MCQs.
Further, here is a specification of the column headers we support.
|Name||Text||The name of the question.|
|Recommended Time||Positive Integer||The recommended time required to completely solve the question.|
|Tags||Comma-separated values||Internal tags for better organization and search.|
|Description||Text||The problem statement that candidates are asked to answer.|
|Notes||Text||Internal notes displayed next to the candidate's answer in their report.|
|Answers||Comma-separated Values||A list of the correct answers.|
|Integer||The point value of the question.|
|A||Text||Answer option A|
|B||Text||Answer option B|
|C||Text||Answer option C|
|D||Text||Answer option D|
|E ... Z||Text||Further answer options|
Note: The input values must be separated by commas.
Note: The CSV file may contain a maximum of 100 rows.
- Define the CSV file as per the suggested format
- Click on the Bulk Upload MCQs button, and upload the CSV file.
- As defined in your file, you will see each of the MCQs with their description, answer choices, tags, score, and notes updated on the problem statement page.
- Click on the Save All Questions button. Each MCQ is created and you can view the Questions in the Library under the "My company questions" section.
Refer to the Creating a Multiple Choice Question topic for more information.