The option to bulk upload Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs) is available in the problem statement page of a Multiple Choice type Question. You can bulk upload MCQs from a CSV file.
To navigate to the bulk upload option:
- Click Library tab on the home page and then click Create Question.
- In the Select Question Type dialog box, click Multiple Choice.
The problem statement page is displayed.
- The Bulk Upload MCQs option is available on the top right corner of the page as shown below.
- To use the bulk upload feature, you must define and organize the MCQs, their corresponding answer choices, and the relevant scores in a Comma-Separated Values (CSV) file.
- To view a sample CSV specification, click Bulk Upload MCQs, and in the displayed dialog box, click the link available to download the sample file. You can refer this sample file to understand CSV file definition format for MCQs.
Further, here is a specification of the column headers we support.
|Name||Text||The name of the question.|
|Tags||Comma-separated values||Internal tags for better organization and search.|
|Description||Text||The problem statement that candidates are asked to answer.|
|Notes||Text||Internal notes displayed next to the candidate's answer in their report.|
|Answers||Comma-separated Values||A list of the correct answers.|
|Integer||The point value of the question.|
|A||Text||Answer option A|
|B||Text||Answer option B|
|C||Text||Answer option C|
|D||Text||Answer option D|
|E ... Z||Text||Further answer options|
Note: The input values must be separated by commas.
The following image displays the format of the acceptable CSV file. There are two multiple choice questions in the table:
Note: The CSV file may contain a maximum of 100 rows.
- Define the CSV file as per the suggested format
- Click Bulk Upload MCQs, and upload the CSV file.
- As defined in your file, you will see each of the MCQs with their description, answer choices, tags, score, and notes updated on the problem statement page.
- Click Save All Questions. Each MCQ is created and you can view the Questions in the Library under the "My company questions" section.
Refer to the Creating a Multiple Choice Question topic for more information.