HackerRank consistently enhances our platform by implementing new features and addressing any issues through regular updates. HackerRank continually enhances its platform with improvements and fixes to serve you better. We have rolled out a series of new improvements and fixes this 24th January, 2024. If you require assistance with these changes, our team is prepared to support you. Feel free to reach out to us at email@example.com for any inquiries or assistance you may need.
Improved Experience for Question Creation
Create questions faster than ever with our reinvented workflow designed to help you rapidly author high-quality, rich content. The new streamlined interfaces for common question types Coding, MCQs, Subjective, Diagram, Whiteboard, Sentence Completion, File Upload, Code Review, HTML/CSS/JS, and Approximate Solution.
- Intuitive creation flows with fewer steps
- Capability to insert and edit code blocks easily
- Languages are split into automatic stub generation and manual sub-groups for clarity
- Ability to upload questions in bulk with images using Excel sheets and seamlessly edit them before publishing.
Improved Experience for Creating Project Questions
Access an improved experience for creating front-end, back-end, full stack, and mobile development questions.
- Leverage Integrated IDEs for seamless code editing and testing
- Clone projects quickly from a private GIT repository
- Configure scoring and IDE settings with ease from an intuitive interface
Visit Creating Project Questions article to learn more.
Redesigned PDF Reports
PDF test reports download faster and now have a contemporary look that matches the platform interface.
Visit Downloading PDF Reports article to learn more.
Deter question leaks during assessments with our new watermarking capability.
- Discourage candidates from taking screenshots by watermarking questions with candidate email addresses
- Reduce question leaks during large campus drives and events
Visit Watermarking The Tests article to learn more.
Multiple Monitor Detection
To ensure fairness, you can detect the usage of multiple monitors by candidates during an assessment.
- View a new indicator when an external display is connected
- Access additional signals around candidate behavior and potential plagiarism
Visit Multiple Monitor Detection article to learn more.
New Image Analysis
Our new Image Analysis feature analyzes a series of images captured during assessments and flags candidates for suspicious activity.
- Analyzes candidate webcam feeds at different points during an assessment
- Detects multiple faces or no face in frames
- Categorizes images based on different suspicious activities (no face, secondary face, and so on.)
- Shows severity and suspicion scores in reports
- Details reasons for flagged images
Visit Detect Suspicious Activity Using Image Analysis article to learn more.
Hide Locked Tabs from Candidates During Interviews
Tabs that are locked by interviewers will now be hidden from candidates. This ensures that candidates are focused on the tasks given to them and not distracted by additional tabs, such as the ones that an interviewer might use later in the interview.
Changes to the experience:
- No more messages such as, “This tab has been locked by the interviewer”
- The interview tab is not visible to the candidate when the interviewer is exploring the library and still choosing the task
Visit Hiding Locked Tabs article to learn more.
We made backend changes to the test insights dashboard to make it faster and more accessible. This will allow us to make our reporting even stronger in the future.
With our new reporting, you’ll access:
- Faster load times for graphs
- An accessible user interface and graph style
- Underlying data and rich insights into your HackerRank usage
Visit HackerRank Insights article to learn more.
Interview scorecards can now be synced back to Greenhouse from HackerRank, once the interview instance has been updated. Additionally, when an Interviewer updates an Assessment Scorecard on HackerRank, this can be reflected on Greenhouse.
This enables a two-way integration that continually syncs between Greenhouse and HackerRank to update scorecards.
To learn more about the Greenhouse enhancements see the articles: Greenhouse - HackerRank Integration Interviews User Guide and Greenhouse - HackerRank Integration Tests User Guide.
Workday Integration for Interviews
You can now leverage the HackerRank interview functionality within the Workday Applicant Tracking System. You can schedule the interview and view the scores on Workday without having to switch to the HackerRank platform.