HackerRank for Work allows you to modify the candidate settings of your test. These settings allow you to collect the required data about the candidates.
- You must be logged in to your HackerRank for Work account.
- You must have created a test.
- Click the Tests tab on the home page and then click the test name for which you want to modify the candidate settings.
Once the test opens, click Settings, present under the name of the test.
In the displayed settings page, click candidate and modify the following (as required):
- Candidate details - There are a number of available fields through which you can collect details from candidates before they begin a test. Fields marked become mandatory fields, and will show an asterisk next to them. You can see the display order to the right of the fields, and you can rearrange the display order by drag and drop. As you select/add fields, you can save changes at the bottom of the page, and view your changes in the preview form. You can select all the fields as you see necessary, and/or add custom fields.
- To add custom fields, click on 'Add a custom field', present below all given fields, and set the name and type of the field, and click 'add'. You can check or uncheck 'is mandatory' checkbox based on whether or not the detail must be provided.
- Below, the 'add a custom field', you will also see a disclaimer, which if you set to active, a declaration will appear on the test login page along with a checkbox. Candidates can take the text only if they check the box, expressing assent.
- Right below the disclaimer is the 'test instructions' box, where all the instructions and other test information can be provided. This will be visible to the candidate once they sign up for the test.
- Click on 'Save changes' to save all the changes made, and you can once again 'preview form' if you need to see all your changes reflected.
Before taking a test, candidates have to declare that they won't indulge in cheating and plagiarizing the test. When this option is enabled, candidates cannot take the test without selecting the checkbox that appears next to this honor code declaration.
You can edit the declaration text as required or choose to disable it.
- In the Candidates Settings, scroll down to see the Disclaimer area. In the Disclaimer area, click the displayed button to enable or disable this option.
- By default, this option is enabled. If you disable this option, the declaration text box disappears.
Adding a custom message for Candidate declaration before the Test
- Optional: Modify the declaration text, if required.
Note: The default declaration text is only displayed if you have enabled the candidate declaration option.