There are three types of email configurations available in test settings.
- Admin Email
- Reminder Emails
- Confirmation Email
The prerequisites and basic steps to configure any of the above-mentioned types of email settings remains the same. They are listed below.
- You must be logged in to your HackerRank for Work account.
- You must have created a test.
- Click the Tests tab on the home page and then click the required test.
2. Once the particular test you clicked on opens, click Settings, present below the test name.
3. On clicking settings, you will see the different types of settings you can configure in the left pane. Select Emails.
4. You will now see that you can configure admin, reminder and confirmation emails for the said test.
If you would like anyone in addition to the inviting recruiter to receive reports for a test, you can add their email address as an administrator. When a candidate completes a test, the recruiter who invited that candidate gets a report via an email. However, for a test taken through a public link, the owner of the test is assumed to be the inviting recruiter.
Note: Test Admins receive reports for all test attempts made by a candidate irrespective of who invited them.
If there are more than one administrators, specify the list of comma separated email addresses as illustrated below:
Examples of acceptable format
With only email addresses
You can enable settings to send reminder emails to candidates before a test. Only one reminder is sent to each candidate. You can edit the contents of the default email if required.
By default, reminder emails are turned off. If you want to send a reminder to a candidate, you have to turn on the toggle button.
- In the Reminder Email area, click the button to turn on the reminder email for the test.
- Perform one of the following operations:
- If the test has an expiry date, then select the number of days before the expiry date.
- Example: If a test is expiring on 20th April 2017 and you set 2 days before the expiry date, then a reminder email is sent on 18th April 2017.
- If the test does not have an expiry date, then select the number of days from today on which reminder email has to be sent.
- Example: If today is 20th April 2017 and you enter 2, days then a reminder email is sent on 22nd April 2017.
- In the Reminder Email Contents area, edit the content of the reminder email, if required.
- Click Save.
You can enable settings to send an email confirmation to the candidates after they complete a test. You can edit the contents of the default email, as required.
- In the Confirmation Email area, click the button to enable or disable confirmation email for the test. By default, this option is enabled.
- In the Confirmation Email Contents area, edit the content of the confirmation email, if required. This step is optional.
- Click Save.