HackerRank for Work allows you to modify the Email Settings for a Test. There are three types of email configurations available in test settings.
- Admin Email
- Reminder Emails
- Confirmation Email
This article discusses how to modify the email settings for the tests in HackerRank for Work.
Modifying Email Settings for Tests
- You must have created a test.
- Click on the Tests tab on the home page, then click on the required test.
- Once the particular test you clicked on opens, click on the Settings tab and then click on the Emails option. You can configure the Admin, Reminder, and Confirmation Email settings.
If you would like anyone in addition to the inviting recruiter to receive reports for a test, you can add their email address as an administrator. When a candidate completes a test, the recruiter who invited that candidate gets a report via email. However, for a test taken through a public link, the owner of the test is assumed to be the inviting recruiter.
Note: Test Admins receive reports for all test attempts made by a candidate, irrespective of who invited them.
If there is more than one administrator, specify the list of comma-separated email addresses as illustrated below:
Examples of acceptable format
With only email addresses
You can enable settings to send reminder emails to candidates before a test. Only one reminder is sent to each candidate. You can edit the contents of the default email if required.
By default, reminder emails are turned off. To send a candidate a reminder, you must turn on the toggle button.
- In the Reminder Email area, click the toggle button to turn on the reminder email for the test.
- Perform one of the following operations:
- If the test has an expiry date, select the number of days before the expiry date.
Example: If a test is expiring on 20th August 2023 and you set 2 days before the expiry date, then a reminder email is sent on 18th August 2023.
- If the test has no expiry date, select the number of days from today on which a reminder email has to be sent.
Example: If today is 20th August 2023, and you enter two days, a reminder email is sent on 22nd August 2023.
- In the Reminder Email Contents area, edit the content of the reminder email if required.
You can enable settings to send an email confirmation to the candidates after they complete a test. You can edit the contents of the default email as required.
- In the Confirmation Email area, click the toggle button to enable or disable the confirmation email for the test. By default, this option is enabled.
- In the Confirmation Email Contents area, edit the content of the confirmation email if required. This step is optional.
- Click on the Save Changes button.