Once you have created a team in Teams Management, HackerRank allows you to delete any existing team if you are either the Team Admin or the Company Admin. This article walks you through the steps to delete a team.
Steps to Delete a Team
- You must be the admin of the team that you want to delete, or you must hold Company Admin privileges.
- On successfully logging into your HackerRank for Work account, click on the arrow next to the user icon in the top right corner of the home page, and select Teams Management. This leads you to the Teams Management page.
- In the displayed page, search for the team you want to delete and click on the vertical ellipsis icon for that team, present on the far right of the team name.
- In the options displayed by clicking the vertical ellipsis (three-dot menu), select the Remove option to delete the team. Clicking 'remove' confirms the deletion.
Note: You must have removed all the members of a team before you can delete the team.
Removing Team Members
- When you want to delete an entire team, it is necessary to remove all members of the team first. You can do so by simply clicking on the team name, and deleting users from that team as shown below.
- Before removing a user from all teams, you will have to transfer all their resources (tests, questions, interviews) to another existing user. Click 'delete' once all resources are reallocated.