You can change the name of a team, the region, department, and even members of a team, only if you have either Team Admin or Company Admin privileges.
Updating a team name/department/region can be beneficial when the purpose of the team is changing, team members are changing, there are several other teams with the same or similar names, the team is moving to a new department in the company, or the location of the team is changing, and so on.
Steps to Update a Team
- You must be an admin of the team or be the company’s Admin.
- On successfully logging into your HackerRank for Work account, click the arrow next to the user icon in the top right corner of the homepage, and select the Teams Management option. This leads you to the Teams Management page.
- On the displayed page, click on the Teams tab and select the team whose settings you want to update by clicking on the team name. You can also search for the team using the search bar on the left-hand pane.
- Once you click on the team name on the displayed page, the team's tab opens on the right pane of the screen.
- On the displayed Tab, you have three options:
- User: In this section, you can add or remove users and manage their roles.
- Allocation: In this section, you can set the limits for each license type.
- Settings: Here, you can change your team's name, region, and department. You can also change the team's permission to access the team's library.
- All the changes are saved automatically.