You can add a new user to your team as a team or company admin. You can give these admin permissions that are appropriate for the profile. This article will walk you through the steps to adding a new user to the team.
Note: If you want to add a user that is already part of your company, refer to the support article on inviting an existing user to a team
Steps to Invite a New User to a Team
- You must have an admin account for the team to which you want to add a user.
- On successfully logging into your HackerRank for Work account, click on the arrow next to the user icon on the top right corner of the homepage. This leads you to the Teams Management page.
- On the displayed page, click on the Users tab. This leads you to a page showing all existing users in your company.
- To add a new user to a team, you must first create the user. Click on the Add New User button present on the far right of the page.
The dialog box that appears enables you to:
- Add a new user by inviting them via email
- Add a new user by inviting them via a link
- Inviting new users in bulk
In the dialog box, specify the user's name, the user's email address, and the name of the team. The user must have your company email account to be added to a team.
- Select the required user profile from the options.
- Recruiter: This is for users with a recruiter license. They have access to the entire platform and can become a team admin. A recruiter license allows you to send test invitations to candidates.
- Developer: This is for users with an engineer License. An Engineer license is meant for a developer or an engineering hiring manager. Like recruiters, developers can also become team admin and can send test invites to candidates. They have complete edit permissions to the personal library, tests, and CodePair content.
- Interviewer: This is for the users who do not have either the recruiter or the developer's license. These users cannot be admins of a team and do not have edit permissions to the content.
The Link invite option can be used when you want to invite a whole team of users to gain access to your tests, share your resources, and so on.
- In the Add Users dialog box, click on the link invite tab, and in the search bar displayed, enter the name of the team you want to invite.
- Select the appropriate option (recruiter, interviewer, or developer) before creating the invite link. The invited users will be assigned the license selected.
- Upon selecting the team from the drop-down menu displayed, click on the Create Invite Link button.
- Use the displayed link to invite users to join the team with the selected license.
This option invites many contacts/emails via a CSV file.
- Download the sample CSV file and use the same template to prepare a CSV file with a list of all new users to be added to the team.
- Choose the file from your device by Select a file option and uploading.
- Optionally, you can check the Ignore rows with the errors checkbox before confirming the upload.