As a team or company admin, you can add a new user to your team. You can give them permissions that are appropriate for their profile.
Note: If you want to add a user that is already part of your company, refer to our support article on inviting an existing user to a team
- You must be logged in to your HackerRank account.
- You must have an admin account for the team to which you want to add a user.
- On successfully logging into your HackerRank for Work account, click the arrow next to the user icon on the top right corner of the homepage. This leads you to the ‘Teams Management’ page.
- On the displayed page, click on ‘users’. This leads you to a page showing all existing users in your company.
- In order to add a ‘new user’ to a team, you must first create the user. Click on the ‘Create User’ button present to the far right of the page.
- The dialog box that appears enables you to:
- Add a new user by inviting via email
- Add a new user by inviting via a link
- Inviting new users in bulk
In the dialog box, specify the name of the user, email address of the user, and the name of the team. The user must have your company email account to be added to a team.
- Select the required user profile from the options.
- Recruiter: This is for the users with a recruiter license. They have access to the entire platform and can become a team admin. Recruiter license allows you to send test invitations to candidates.
- Developer: This is for the users with an engineer License. An Engineer license is meant for a developer or an engineering hiring manager. Like recruiters, developers can also become team admin and can send test invites to candidates. They have complete edit permissions to the personal library, tests, and CodePair content.
- Interviewer: This is for the users who do not have either the recruiter or the developer's license. These users cannot be admins of a team and do not have edit permissions to the content.
- After filling the details tick the Make Team Admin checkbox if required. This option is only available for the Recruiter and Developer profile.
- Click the required button to enable or disable these options.
- Click ‘Add’.
The Link invite option can be used when you want to invite a whole team of users to gain access to your tests, share your resources, and so on.
- In the Add Users dialog box, click on the ‘link invite’ tab, and in the search bar displayed, enter the name of the team you want to invite.
- Select the appropriate option (recruiter, interviewer, or developer) before creating the invite link. The invited users will have the same license as selected from the option.
- Upon selecting the team from the displayed drop-down menu, click on the ‘Create Invite Link’ button.
- Use the displayed link to invite users to join the team with the selected license.
This option is used to invite a large number of contacts/emails via a CSV file.
- Download the sample CSV file and use the same template to prepare a CSV file with a list of all new users to be added to the team.
- Choose the file from your device by selecting ‘choose file’ and click on ‘upload’.
- Optionally, you can also check the "Ignore rows with errors" checkbox before confirming the upload.