As an admin of a particular team, you can lock a user from that team if that member is no longer required. You can also remove a team by removing all the members from that team.
This article describes how to lock a user access from your HackerRank account.
Steps to Remove Member(s) from a Team
- You must be an Admin for the team to edit these permissions.
Locking a User from a Team
- On successfully logging into your HackerRank for Work account, click on the arrow next to the user icon on the top right corner of the homepage. This leads you to the Teams Management page.
- Click on the Users tab to open the tab displaying all users. Click on the vertical ellipsis menu at the far right of a user's name to find the Lock option.
- All that user's resources must be transferred to another user before locking a user.
- Select the user to whom you want to transfer the resources, and click Confirm.
- The user will be locked after the successful transformation of the resources.
Locking Multiple Users from a Team
- You can also multi-select different user accounts to remove them from a team in bulk.
From the Users tab of the Teams Management area. Select the users you want to remove, then click the Lock option from the top.
- Once you click the Lock option, you will be prompted to transfer the ownership to other users. You can select the user name to whom you want to transfer the ownership, then click the Confirm button.
Locking All Members of a Particular Team
- When you want to delete an entire team, you must remove all team members first. You can do so by clicking on the team name and deleting users from that team, as shown below.
When you Lock a user account from all the associated Teams, it is automatically moved to the Locked state and can be reused later. Locked user accounts do not belong to any Team and do not have access to any shared resources.
A locked account can be reused anytime after unlocking and assigning the account to the required team.
Once the user is removed from all the teams, they will be automatically moved to locked status. When locked users try logging into their account, they will see an error message, as shown below.