As an admin of a particular team, you can remove/delete a user from that team, if that member is no longer required.
- You must be logged in to your HackerRank for Work account.
- You must be an Admin for the team to edit these permissions.
- On successfully logging into your HackerRank for Work account, click the arrow next to the user icon on the top right corner of the homepage. This leads you to the ‘Teams Management’ page.
- Click on ‘users’ to open the tab displaying all users. At the far right of a user's name, click on the vertical ellipsis menu to find the ‘remove’ option.
- Clicking on 'remove', displays a dialog box where you can select the team(s) the user needs to be removed from. All the resources of that user need to be transferred to another user before deleting/removing the said user.
- In the displayed dialog box, click Remove to confirm removing the user from the team.
Removing all members of a particular team:
- When you want to delete an entire team, it is necessary to remove all members of the team first. You can do so by simply clicking on the team name, and deleting users from that team as shown below.
- Before removing a user from all teams, you will have to transfer all their resources (tests, questions, interviews) to another existing user. Click 'delete' once all resources are reallocated.
- When you remove a user account from all the associated Teams, it is automatically moved to the "Locked" state and can be reused later. Locked user accounts do not belong to any Team and do not have access to any shared resources.
A locked account can be reused anytime after unlocking and assigning the account to the required Team. Refer to the Locking and unlocking user accounts topic for detailed information about unlocking user accounts.