In this article
HackerRank for Work allows a team admin to transfer ownership of all resources across users in a team. Before deleting a user, you have the option to transfer all their content (tests, questions, etc) to another existing user.
Steps to Transfer Ownership in a Team
- You must have created a team.
- On successfully logging into your HackerRank for Work account, click on the arrow next to the user icon on the top right corner of the homepage. This leads you to the Teams Management page.
- On the displayed page, you will be able to see the entire list of all teams as present in your company, along with region, department, etc. for every team. Click on the Users tab present next to the teams tab.
- The displayed page now contains a list of all users.
- For your selected user(s) that you want to transfer ownership from or eventually delete, at the far right of the username, click on the vertical ellipsis menu to find the Transfer Ownership option.
- The dialog box that opens on clicking ‘transfer ownership’ enables you to choose another user from the team, from a drop-down menu, to transfer ownership to. Select a user of your choice.
- Click on the Transfer button to finalize the ownership change. The user from who all ownership and resources have been transferred can now be removed/deleted.