Single Sign-on on HackerRank for Work can be configured using some very popular identity providers, and one of the foremost examples is OneLogin.
The OneLogin single sign-on portal ensures that only authorized users to get access to sensitive data, and users only have to enter one set of credentials to access apps in the cloud and behind the firewall – via desktops, smartphones, and tablets. With SAML, OneLogin Single Sign-On proves useful in securely logging users into HackerRank for Work either through the OneLogin portal or over your corporate intranet.
The following article is a quick guide to configuring SSO on HackerRank with OneLogin. To know about SSO and its benefits, read our article on getting started with sso.
- Submit a request at email@example.com indicating you would like us to enable SAML 2.0 for your account.
- You need to have OneLogin login credentials in order to add HackerRank for Work to your list of applications on OneLogin.
- Log in to OneLogin with your OneLogin credentials and proceed to administrator dashboard. On the account set-up dashboard, click on Add Applications as shown below.
- Clicking on ‘Add Application’ opens a new pane. In the search bar, search for HackerRank for Work and add. HackerRank for Work is OneLogin Verified and is now added to your list of applications. Make sure to choose the application with SAML 2.0 as shown below.
- Configure the HackerRank application with an appropriate display name, icons, and portal visibility. Clicking ‘save’ makes certain that HackerRank has been added as an application.
- In the next step, you are required to enter a unique HackerRank SSO Key. This ID is available as part of the SSO login URL provided on the HackerRank For Work SSO Settings portal. The images below illustrate this process.
- Copy the SSO Unique ID onto the application details tab on the OneLogin configuration page and click Save.
- Proceed to click on the More Action drop-down box, and click on SAML Metadata, which permits you to acquire the XML Metadata file that needs to be uploaded onto HackerRank’s SSO Settings Portal. The two-step process is illustrated in the screenshots below.
- Once the XML metadata file is uploaded, the Single Sign-On metadata URL is automatically generated, indicating the SSO setup is complete. Single Sign-On is now successfully enabled.
- Hence, when a user now tries to log in to HackerRank for Work on the login page, he/she is redirected to the OneLogin portal, to login via SSO.
Note: After enabling SSO, the user does not need to enter account password while logging in. Entering the correct username/email will automatically redirect to an SSO login.