There're three aspects to code auto-submission as explained below:
- You typed the code, but never submitted or compiled it, i.e., never clicked Run Code or Submit code & Continue:
- HackerRank will submit the last version of the typed code if the Test times out.
- You typed the code and clicked on the Submit code & Continue button. After submitting, if you updated/tweaked the code but never re-submitted or compiled it again:
- HackerRank will submit the previously submitted code (not the tweaked code) if the Test times out and gets closed automatically.
- You typed the code and clicked on the Run Code button. However, you didn’t click on the Submit code & Continue button
- HackerRank will submit the latest compiled version.