There're three aspects to code auto-submission as explained below:
- You typed the code, but never submitted or compiled it:
- HackerRank will submit the last version of the typed code if test times out.
- You typed the code and clicked on the submit button. After submitting, if you update/tweak the code but never submit or compile it again:
- HackerRank will submit the previously submitted code (not the tweaked code) if the test gets closed automatically.
- You typed the code and clicked on the compile and run button. However, you didn’t click on the submit button:
- HackerRank will submit the latest compiled version.